8GB A500 at Best Buy for $230

BlockMaker

Sep 8, 2011
I just went to Best Buy.com and got this for store pickup to take advantage of the $10 gift card. I found it on the Acer website and the only part that disturbs me is that it lists the interal 8GB as being a hard drive. I tried searching on the model number (A500-08S08u) and only came across one site that discussions on it (sorry can't remember where). Of course the biggest discussion was whether or not it had a hard drive or flash memory (Best Buy says the 8GB is eMMC). I've been looking for a tablet for a while now and missed out on the $250 Asus Transformer deal on Black Friday so I jumped on this one. It seems like everything is the same as the 16 & 32 gig models and with the sd slot & usb I have plenty enough room to expand. Hope I didn't make a mistake. Due in store 12/05 so I'll find out then.

BDiddy

Aug 19, 2011
Don't worry--it's flash memory, not a hard drive. I think the Acer site lists it as "hard drive" because they're using the same tech specs template as the rest of their computers. Enjoy your tab!