9.7 inch APad Freescale imx515 Cortex A8 Android 2.2 MultiTouch Tablet

TONG

May 26, 2011
Hi I am new here, i just bought a HT-PAD1051 tablet android 2.2 processor IMX515 A8 9.7" 8GB couple days ago. Just wonder anyone has experience that the youtube was not able to play.
Try to download from android market but there isn't any youtube found in android market, wonder why?
if anyoune has the ideas or solution to this please advise me and i will be very please.

thank you in advance

My pad works with Youtube well after downloading and installing the Flash 10.1, 10.2 and 10.3.
Please try to find them from the Market.

TONG

May 26, 2011
The original build version of my apad is "HT_PAD1051-V1.4_update2-eng2.2 FRF85B eng.tianfeng.20110311.234209".

After flashing the following rom: "HT_PAD1051_V1.6.2-eng 2.2 FRF85B eng.tianfeng.20110426.222822"

Problem fixed:
1. Official Android Market Corrupted; (Now is upgraded to v2.3.4)
2. Halt when sleeping. (Problem fixed with install "Menu Unlock" App.)
3. Marks of Quadrant : 1300+
4. Support Apps "VM HeapSize" up to 48m.

* The following firmware may not work or damage your device!
** Please read attached instruction first, and follow the steps very, very carefully!
*** Note : Use at your OWN risk !!!

Source: MID Gpad Gforce 9.7 -
(Non-English)

Download Links(searched by Google"9.7ips8g.110426.rar"):
9.7ips8g.110426.rar115
9.7ips8g.110426.rar

*** If device screen keep dark (but backlight is on) for more than 15 minutes after all processes done and unknown device is detected, use a pin to reset the device. (insert a pin just nearby the 2.5mm phone jack) ***

Attachments

• $TF.zh-CN.en.pdf
    354.7 KB · Views: 1,261

tigersir59

May 13, 2011
Hi Tong,

thank you for your advises.
i managed to download a new youtube.apk and now is running well.
i suspected my android market is not original as some apps was not found there.
i think mine is a clone type of Gpad Gforce.
this is what i found on my device.

Model no; HT_PAD1051
Android ver: 2.2
Kernel version : 2.6.31-00011-ge4e866b-dirty
Build number : HT_PAD1051_V1.6.1-eng2.2 FRF858 eng.tianfeng.20110425.222822

Single speaker and charging port on right hand .
volume control and screen lock on your right hand
audio out 2.5mm and reset port (paper clip size) on your left and power up button on your right. Capacitive touch screen and home button in the lower center of the tablet 30pins connector. no GPS, support external 3G and bluetooth. 32gb TF card slot.

i have this problem now is that the invert screen for some apps. is this due to the G snesor? any way to correct it?
Is the recommended link firmware sutiable for this tablet PC?

TONG

May 26, 2011
If you have ways to restore it, you may try.

P. S. I also found the Market is different from the samsung one. It may not be the Market itself malfunction, I think the market could not know our device.(I login market on web browser found some apps required specificed hw, when I click install>ht_pad1051. It refuse and tell me the device is unknown type.:confused:

*** I had just found the solution for the market problem... but not yet tested... It seems to change the id from ht_pad1051 to Samsung's one... (Reference link: http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/17315-my-market-fix-process-tianfeng-build/ )

Hi Tong,

thank you for your advises.
i managed to download a new youtube.apk and now is running well.
i suspected my android market is not original as some apps was not found there.
i think mine is a clone type of Gpad Gforce.
this is what i found on my device.

Model no; HT_PAD1051
Android ver: 2.2
Kernel version : 2.6.31-00011-ge4e866b-dirty
Build number : HT_PAD1051_V1.6.1-eng2.2 FRF858 eng.tianfeng.20110425.222822

Single speaker and charging port on right hand .
volume control and screen lock on your right hand
audio out 2.5mm and reset port (paper clip size) on your left and power up button on your right. Capacitive touch screen and home button in the lower center of the tablet 30pins connector. no GPS, support external 3G and bluetooth. 32gb TF card slot.

i have this problem now is that the invert screen for some apps. is this due to the G snesor? any way to correct it?
Is the recommended link firmware sutiable for this tablet PC?

Attachments

• $screenshot_2.png
    $screenshot_2.png
    23.4 KB · Views: 1,153
  • $screenshot_1.png
    $screenshot_1.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,154
  • $screenshot.png
    $screenshot.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 1,101
Last edited:

rubicon2000

May 31, 2011
Hi everyone. I just joined the forum and I am looking forward to helping each other here. I recently got a 9.7 Freescale based tablet with build version HT_PAD1051-V1.4_update2-eng2.2 FRF85B eng.tianfeng.20110311.234209". I am very happy with what I have although I still need to figure out how to use it's other features . I also look forward to re flashing to upgrade its firmware.. but that I will do carefully and later. Thanks especially to Tong for being so helpful

rubicon2000

May 31, 2011
I got a 30 pin to male usb cable with the tablet I bought. So far I've been able to use it by connecting it to my Mac and turning " on USB storage" and I can transfer files from my Mac to my tablet internal or external SD cards. However, I have not been able to get other uses with the 30 pin connector. Using a USB gender changer, I connected the tablet to an external keyboard and it would not work. I also connected it to a USB stick and it would not be recognized. Has anybody done any better? Thanks

TONG

May 26, 2011
Dear Rubicon2000,

You may try "Wifi File Explorer"(from Market), this software turns your android to a Web Server.

Reference Link:
WiFi File Explorer ~ Android Application v1.2.3 By dooblou | Tools

I got a 30 pin to male usb cable with the tablet I bought. So far I've been able to use it by connecting it to my Mac and turning " on USB storage" and I can transfer files from my Mac to my tablet internal or external SD cards. However, I have not been able to get other uses with the 30 pin connector. Using a USB gender changer, I connected the tablet to an external keyboard and it would not work. I also connected it to a USB stick and it would not be recognized. Has anybody done any better? Thanks

rubicon2000

May 31, 2011
Thanks for the tip Tong. Have you been able to use your 30 pin connector to connect to a USB external keyboard or to a USB memory stick? Regards

TONG

May 26, 2011
Yes, The keyboard works well. But I tried many times, the Android may hangs sometime when hot-plugging in/out. The best way is to connect the keyboard/mouse even a USB 2.0 Hub before you power it on. And I found the pad is able to access the USB memory stick and external powered harddisk, but it is running very, very slow if there is many files inside the storage medium. I always use Wifi File Explorer or Directly download files from the XScope Web Browser to my Android.

Thanks for the tip Tong. Have you been able to use your 30 pin connector to connect to a USB external keyboard or to a USB memory stick? Regards

Last edited:

rubicon2000

May 31, 2011
I do not know If I need to upgrade the firmware first but I just can't get my tablet to work.. with external keyboard or usb stick.
I even bought a 30 pin adapter with USB and LAN connectors but it also would not work.

dirtytuga

Jun 7, 2011
Hi TON. I'm new here and start to ask you the following: I have a Freescale based tablet with build version HT_PAD1051-V1.4CU_update1-eng2.2 FRF85B eng.tianfeng.20110311.234209".
As most owners of this devices, I wanto to jump in the upgrades. My problem is to identify corretly the right firmware. Firts I need to identify correctly my device.
Firmware ident: HT_PAD1051-V1.4 CU_update1-eng2.2 FRF85B eng.tianfeng.20110311.234209
Has (I think) 2 speakers but has 5 speakers like locals.
The headphones conecton is a 3,5 and is in the tf card slot and power side
In the 30 pins connection side has two speakers like locals.
In anotther side has a switch buton the volume + - buton a speaker like local and the main charger connection.
In the other side (down with the back buto on your right) has 2 speakers like locals.
No logos in the back.

So, Is my device a GPAD GFORCE? Can I flash it with any firmware that starts with HT_PAD1051 ?
Thank you

TONG

May 26, 2011
Dear dirtytuga,

I think your hardware is not the same as mine, but the Firmware id is same as my 9.7" pad. I don't know if the G-sensor is same arrangement or not. May be if your pad works well, DON'T try.

Regards,
Tong

Hi TON. I'm new here and start to ask you the following: I have a Freescale based tablet with build version HT_PAD1051-V1.4CU_update1-eng2.2 FRF85B eng.tianfeng.20110311.234209".
As most owners of this devices, I wanto to jump in the upgrades. My problem is to identify corretly the right firmware. Firts I need to identify correctly my device.
Firmware ident: HT_PAD1051-V1.4 CU_update1-eng2.2 FRF85B eng.tianfeng.20110311.234209
Has (I think) 2 speakers but has 5 speakers like locals.
The headphones conecton is a 3,5 and is in the tf card slot and power side
In the 30 pins connection side has two speakers like locals.
In anotther side has a switch buton the volume + - buton a speaker like local and the main charger connection.
In the other side (down with the back buto on your right) has 2 speakers like locals.
No logos in the back.

So, Is my device a GPAD GFORCE? Can I flash it with any firmware that starts with HT_PAD1051 ?
Thank you

TONG

May 26, 2011
Dear rubicon2000,

Try only connect the devices one by one (keyboard, mouse, then the hub+USB, hub+keyboard, hub+mouse), it depends one the USB devices. I also tried, one mouse work, one won't. I found some devices drain too much current, resulting other devices and even the worked device won't work. In this case, found a hub that connected to separated power supply. *And some web page quoted "Huawei E1750; E220; E156G" 3G USB modem works with Android. I just haven't tried at all.

Regards,
Tong

I do not know If I need to upgrade the firmware first but I just can't get my tablet to work.. with external keyboard or usb stick.
I even bought a 30 pin adapter with USB and LAN connectors but it also would not work.

rubicon2000

May 31, 2011
I agree with Tong. If your tablet is working well why risk anything? In fact even If there are known benefits to upgrading, one should first make sure you know exactly what you are doing and that you should have a back up so you know how to get back If something goes wrong. Read and learn.. I've noticed too many are too eager and go ahead attempting to upgrade or something without proper research and preparation.Good luck.

rubicon2000

May 31, 2011
I tried many ways... always one device at a time. I have not tried it with a hub though. I will try that with a powered hub and see how it goes. I've tried a keyboard.. nothing; I've tried a mouse.. the optical light under it lights up but no movement on the screen. Can't even see the icon. I tried a memory usb stick.. nothing. I am beginning to wonder If we have the same unit or not. Maybe the same cpu and firmware but not exactly the same, diff manufacturer so tablet with different features. We will keep on searching and researching.Thanks