A Blinking ANDROID !

mickbozard

Mar 11, 2012
Howdy, i had one of those system updates and not sure which or what it was last night. Well it left my A500 on startup just blinking "ANDROID". I did the chat thing with ACER. They said do the vol + Start button and on/off/on/off switch to factory reset it. So i did. But it still restarts and stops at "Android" Then of coarse he says i have to mail it into them so they can fix it. I really dont wanna do that unless i have to. This tablet is fairly new with no enhancements. So watcha think the problem is and of coarse how to correct it ? thx in advance, mick

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
I do not have a solution except send it in and wait for them to fix it but I want to share some thoughts on this issue. I know some people are still hesitant to root their devices because it voids the warranty but for me I root every single device I own and I usually dont even buy an Android device if it cant be rooted. The reason I do this is because then I have total control over my device and when I want to update I have control over it and I never use updates from the companies themselves.

Sorry I couldnt be more help on the issue

bap1007

Jul 20, 2013
Mick,
I have a new Android tablet and had the same issue. I did the factory reset three times before I got the thing to work normally again but now it is fine.
Good luck.
Bruce