A13 - Silver Surfer Needs Help with Basic Stuff?

meldance

Dec 8, 2013
Hi Guys - - I have this generic a13 allwinner 7 inch tablet. Apart from the factory installed stuff, I've put Opera Mini on - - it does more of what I want for e-mail and browsing than the factory installed one.

My question is that I would like to be able to save HTML pages from the web onto the tablet to pull up and view when offline. As well, some .pdf files to do the same. These will be maybe 30kb maximum each, so memory shouldn't be too much of an issue. They are really just A4 pages of text basically.

Ideally, I have 7.2 Gb on an external SD card (TF) fitted into the machine ahowing up in settings, so my question(s)

Any way to save these HTML and .pdf files to the external card and then recall them as if they were just simple files? What Apps might be suitable, preferably free or low cost and easy to use? I haven't a clue about things like "rooting" and other stuff on Android, so take pity on a poor old boy trying stay ahead of technology - - it's not easy when your 70 plus years of age :confused:

meldance

Dec 8, 2013
Fine guys, worked out myself that if I scrubbed out Opera mini, and installed the next version up of Opera, all I needed to do was do a save for offline, and the pages come up as saved pages in speed dial. That makes it easy to sort and pull up the ones I want.

Still working on a solution for the .pdf files, I'll be happy if the answer is as simple? Any thoughts about saving pdf as html and doing the same maybe ?

Now my problem is not being able to delete book files from the sd card - I get "permission denied" messages. Maybe I'll have better luck with a reply to this query (ies) ?

TIA Mel