A500 causing router to freeze

lmferg80

May 8, 2011
Ever since I connected the A500 to my netgear wireless-n router, it locks up several times a day. Sometimes I get a few hours, sometimes 20 mins. I had zero issues with it before. Anyone had this issue? The router is about 2 years old, maybe I need to update the firmware or something.....
Thanks.....

danny6787

May 17, 2011
I do not have the same problem you do but i have noticed that the wireless N performance has an issue connecting at anything higher then 65mbps. I think its just a firmware issue, this is with any router I use I have 3 a wrt54g, netgear wndr3300, and a wrt160n, im trying to see if maybe one of the wifi connectivity apps will help solve this issue

MrBlippy

May 4, 2011
I do not have the same problem you do but i have noticed that the wireless N performance has an issue connecting at anything higher then 65mbps. I think its just a firmware issue, this is with any router I use I have 3 a wrt54g, netgear wndr3300, and a wrt160n, im trying to see if maybe one of the wifi connectivity apps will help solve this issue

I'm pretty sure the low wireless N speed is due to the fact the Acer Iconia A500 only has a 2.4Ghz N radio. If it had a dual band 2.4Ghz/5Ghz N radio, it could achieve much higher speeds (like the Xoom).

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I had so many of those router freezes with netgear that I finally ****canned it and got a new router, something other than netgear.

There is no need for 802.11N unless you have a full T-1 running into your house. Your Internet connection is the bottle neck and adding super wideband components behind a slow Internet connection is wasting your money. N is mostly a con job.

Turn off N , and lock the router to G, and it should be stable.

ut00wj

Jun 1, 2011
Umm, you do realize that a T-1 is only 1.544 mbps. I agree that internet connection is a botleneck, but my cell phone gets faster than 1.5mbps.

tumpy

Dec 15, 2010
I had so many of those router freezes with netgear that I finally ****canned it and got a new router, something other than netgear.

There is no need for 802.11N unless you have a full T-1 running into your house. Your Internet connection is the bottle neck and adding super wideband components behind a slow Internet connection is wasting your money. N is mostly a con job.

Turn off N , and lock the router to G, and it should be stable.
You have no idea what you are talking about, why dont you go and readup on 802.11n. i do not have a T1 line, have timewarner cable here in nyc and speakeasy speed test..
Result:
Download Speed: 14190 kbps (1773.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 490 kbps (61.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Belkin - N300 Wireless-N. with my old 54g router my down usually be around 5MBP down with my belkin it is 14MBP down..