A500 Email Program???

Andliz

Oct 31, 2011
We have been using the email program that came with our A500. Our problem is that once we read and email and then delete it, the next time we sign in, the emails that we have deleted appear again as new mail. Is there a way that once a message is downloaded from the server and then deleted, it will not appear again? Is there a setting for this?

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
If the email is from a POP account (like your local ISP), Look for a setting called Delete Mail from server after download.

If its a Gmail account, go to your Gmail account on your computer and go to the gmail settings and
turn off POP access and turn ON IMAP access, then use the Gmail app on the acer.

Any time you are given a choice, use IMAP instead of POP. Yahoo, Gmail both work much better with IMAP.

Tell us Who your ISP is and we can provide better help.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Provider is Comcast

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

In that case, all you have to do to set up the comcast account is key in your email address and password,
and it figures out all the other settings. Then it asks for an name for this account, and your signature for outgoing, and
you are done.

To make sure it does not leave mail on the server, go to settings (upper right hand corner, while looking at that account)
and tap account settings.

Tap Incoming settings, then tap the little pull-down arrow at the end of the line that says
"Delete email from server". Select "When I Delete from my inbox". Then tap done.

Be aware that popping the same email account from two different machines with this setting means you
never really know where the mail is, or where it went. If you download it and delete it from your
desktop computer, or your phone, you won't have it on your tablet.

---------dotted-line
After losing some mail you will quickly figure out that POP mail sucks unless you have exactly one mail reading device.
But Comcast has no alternative.

But you are in luck, you have an android device which means you have a gmail account.
From your computer, you can go into your Gmail settings on the gmail web page and tell it to
pop your Comcast account for you, bring all the mail over to your gmail account
and (optionally) put the comcast mail in a specific Gmail folder.

Its even smart enough to send mail via comcast or simply with a comcast return address
so that none of your contacts ever realize you have a gmail account.

Since Gmail gives you (essentially) unlimited storage, you never have to delete anything, simply archive it.
And it has the best spam recognition in the business, and puts spam in a spam folder that you can
look at or ignore as you wish.

Since Gmail IMAP, you will never lose any mail, and it will know that you have read a individual email
whether you read it at your computer, on the web, on your phone or on your tablet. No more guessing
where the mail went.

Nothing below the dotted line (above) is necessary. Just a suggestion. Comcast works perfectly with
the tablet if you make the Delete Mail setting I mentioned above.