Accelerometer Axis Flipped In Racing Games

Marbieskarb

Feb 2, 2011
I've noticed that this was briefly touched upon in the forum but, no real answer was given regarding the accelerometer axis seems to be flipped in games, particularly racing games. Any fixes or workarounds yet?

I'm trying everything in my power in finding something to convince me to keep the device but the more I dig, the more I find issues or shortcomings. You have GL issues that affect Angry Birds, Uno, Asphalt 5, etc.

Last edited:

billquinn1

Dec 16, 2010
I've noticed that this was briefly touched upon in the forum but, no real answer was given regarding the accelerometer axis seems to be flipped in games, particularly racing games. Any fixes or workarounds yet?

I'm trying everything in my power in finding something to convince me to keep the device but the more I dig, the more I find issues or shortcomings. You have GL issues that affect Angry Birds, Uno, Asphalt 5, etc.
I think that was fixed in the Coby updates. You best plan is to follow the tutorials here to root it and install L_n's custom rom. I think Coby took the update off their site but it is available on this forum if you look around. Either way will fix the orientation trouble...I think.

Wanbli

Sep 10, 2010
I think that was fixed in the Coby updates. You best plan is to follow the tutorials here to root it and install L_n's custom rom. I think Coby took the update off their site but it is available on this forum if you look around. Either way will fix the orientation trouble...I think.

I just spoke with Motor on this issue and they said that the apps are not written for android 3.0 and that you need to contact the app dev to let them redesign the apps for 3.0!

FMORA

Apr 2, 2011
I've the same problem but only with Raging Thunder 2 Lite, only goes to the right....

BKenney

Dec 10, 2010
As Bill mentioned above these errors were fixed in firmware updates. The accel was backwards in the stock rom and performance just plain sucked. Root root root and upgrade people

Unfortunately the biggest solution to your problems is getting your hands dirty. Sorry folks... but the required work is not hard or complex.

Sent from my MID7015A

iiDUR

Apr 26, 2011
I have this problem with Raging Thunder 2 and Drift Mania, but Speed Forge 3D works fine. Also, the original Raging Thunder from Appslib works -- haven't tried the Android Market version. So, is it really an accelerometer problem, or just those specific games are defective?