Accessories anyone?

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
Acer will be selling a cover that looks good, for $39.95. However, I haven't been able to find out how to get one yet.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

gabrielbcn

Apr 20, 2011
Acer will be selling a cover that looks good, for $39.95. However, I haven't been able to find out how to get one yet.

Good to know. Let's hope this kind of news stare pouring in soon.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
I wrote to Acer asking about the cover and they seemed to have no clue as to when the retailers will be selling the accessories. Interesting, eh?

gabrielbcn

Apr 20, 2011
I wrote to Acer asking about the cover and they seemed to have no clue as to when the retailers will be selling the accessories. Interesting, eh?

Ordered my cover from HMV.co.uk. let's see when and what I get...

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
Post a pic of it when you get it, please. I can't find any cases on their site. I've bought music from them, so I already have an account. I have a temporary case, but I want the one that's made for it.

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
here are images of the acer a500 case in action

THAT'S why I want that case! It appears to fit the A500 well and it's thin and highly functional. Best Buy has a few generic cases that are recommended until this case comes. I spoke with a pretty knowledgeable rep (first time in memory that I've been impressed with a BB salesperson) and he told me to check back in a week, where they should have either more information or a few of the accessories trickling in.

panda

Apr 25, 2011
Does anyone have any idea what Acer intends to use the larger port on the bottom of the device for? Out of the box it has no use but I'm thinking down the road... an overpriced docking station like the xoom?

Re: that case total ipad rip off, not as nice looking, but I suppose practical.

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
They have a dock coming ($69, I think) that will need that port.

tankstrr

Apr 13, 2011
There is a "media dock" that will come out shortly that I think is kind of worthless, but I think acer will release a kbd dock ala asus transformer similar to the one they are bundling with the iconia W500 (windows tablet)

http://www.connectionpros.com/wp-co...r-Iconia-Tab-A100-A500-And-W500-Tablets-2.jpg

As far as the case is concerned, apple didn't exacly invent a case that changes into a stand, and this will be far more useful than the ipad2 case (full protection front and back)

Garemlin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2010
Here is hoping there is somewhat decent aftermarket support for the A500.