Acer A500

pahrump808

Feb 16, 2013
my a500 rear camera does not work. i don't know whether to repair it or get a new tablet. i like the usb feature cause i can attach my usb hard drive and watch my stored movies. what tablets are you using and why do you like it. i am looking at new ones but not sure which one. your advice and opinions are very much appreciated. thank you for your time

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
I had the A500 before I got my Nexus 7 and one time my camera died too. With a long web search I found an article on a fix. Try laying the tablet face down on you your lap and give it a sharp slap on the back. Sounds crazy but it worked. There seems to be a ribbon cable connection inside that goes to the camera that comes loose. Slapping it in this matter somehow makes the connection. No guarantee but worth a try.

Oct 10, 2011
Not as crazy as it sounds. Back in the day I had an Atari ST. On rare occasions the blitter chip would warm up and pop out of it's socket and you would lose video. The simple fix (taught to me by an authorized repair shop) was to drop the unit from a height of 2 feet onto the floor. The resulting G-force would re-seat the chip into the socket and all would work again.

pahrump808

Feb 16, 2013
Thank you for your response. I have tried that and unfortunatly no luck. The camera comes on and it flickers and turns green.