Acer A501 Reinstall

pleitor

Aug 2, 2019
Hi all!

I have A501 (Snid: 13320746815) and I made user reset from the Android (from OS), it went ok, but after reboot it won't load OS anymore. Only acer logo appears.

My friend tried hard reset, but no success. He said OS is broken and reinstall is only option.

1. What package (it must be whole OS installation, not any update) I need?
2. How do I start it? I have MicroSD card.

Please help!

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Check Acer's website for your model. If they have the ROM package for download it will be available there. Otherwise you may have no other option but to send the tablet to them for servicing.

pleitor

Aug 2, 2019
Check Acer's website for your model. If they have the ROM package for download it will be available there. Otherwise you may have no other option but to send the tablet to them for servicing.

Hi and thx!

Your answer doesn't help me at all.

There is (On Acer website) v.3.2 FULL INSTALL, but there is no instructions how to proceed after download.

I'm newbie with these o_O

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
The instructions should be on the page where the ROM package is located. I can't help you otherwise: I don't have an Acer tablet.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
You're not blind. There are no instructions because those files are not the complete ROM package, but only updates. You're going to have to get a hold of Asus and see what they can do for you.

Realistically, given the age of the tablet, you'd be better off buying a new one.

pleitor

Aug 2, 2019
I know, but this is principle matter :D I wan't my tablet back in business!! :mad:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Then be prepared to spend through the nose for the privilege. Asus is going to charge you just for looking at it, and then they will bill for the service proper. That could easily cost more than buying a new tablet.

Not saying you can't do it, but in your shoes I would set aside my principles and get a new tablet.