acer iconia a500 questions

dannyww3c

Jul 30, 2012
Hi...I have a droid2 phone, but this is my first tab, and am having a few problems I can't figure out so far...any help would be appreciated:

1). In the included mail app, it only shows the last 25 message in the inbox...I can find no setting to change this.

2). In the calendar app, it shows all my Google calendars, but when I add events from the tablet it marks them 'acer iconia' calendar, which is fine, but they do not come up on my other devices, and I can't find a way to add it...is there a URL for it?

3). Can I use any micro USB charger ( such as from my phone) to charge...I realize it may take longer if the voltage/amperage are lower than 12v/1.5a, but just want to know if able, or safe to charge from USB before I try.

Thanks!
Dan

Porl

Aug 4, 2012
Hi, here's some help with 2 out of three...

Hi...I have a droid2 phone, but this is my first tab, and am having a few problems I can't figure out so far...any help would be appreciated:

1). In the included mail app, it only shows the last 25 message in the inbox...I can find no setting to change this.

Can't help with this one - I don;t use my A500 for mail very much.

2). In the calendar app, it shows all my Google calendars, but when I add events from the tablet it marks them 'acer iconia' calendar, which is fine, but they do not come up on my other devices, and I can't find a way to add it...is there a URL for it?

When you creat a new calendar entry, the calendar can be selected at the top of the dialog box - just tap the coloured box next to the word 'Calendar' to get a drop down list.

3). Can I use any micro USB charger ( such as from my phone) to charge...I realize it may take longer if the voltage/amperage are lower than 12v/1.5a, but just want to know if able, or safe to charge from USB before I try.

The A500 CANNOT charge via USB. The only way is via the wall plug. Annoying I know, but that's how it is.

Thanks!
Dan

I hope this helps,

Porl.

dannyww3c

Jul 30, 2012
Thanks for the answers...I really appreciate it!
Anybody out there have any ideas on the email problem?...still trying to figure that one out.
Dan

Last edited: