Acer Iconia tab a100 doesnt play mp4??

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Video' started by yanksrock1000, Jan 2, 2012.

1. yanksrock1000

yanksrock1000 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Acer Iconia A100
    I have a digital copy of Star Trek on my Mac. I used android file transfer to Drag and Drop the movie onto the tablet, but when I open Video, it says "This Video Cannot be Played". I tried to see if I needed an update, and used the Nemo Player, but it still doesnt work? Why? It is an Mp4 file! :confused:

2. Frederuco

Frederuco Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    ASUS TF101
    Was this a digital copy that came as a part of a Blu Ray combo pack?

If so, it has DRM on it that Android cannot handle. It is mainly geared toward iOS devices as they are the most abundant.

I have not bought any digital copies because of this, instead I use DVD Catalyst to rip my movies to mp4 format to play on my tablet. These are DRM free.

DVD Catalyst costs $10, but has all of the bugs worked out for most tablets and phones. But, now that I think of it DVD Cat. is only for Windows machines.

Another option that will work on a Mac which is free is Handbrake. You may have to try a few settings to get the best performance on your tablet.

• Like Like x 1
  3. PavtubeBluray

PavtubeBluray Member

Your digital copy files are DRM protected, in this case, you can't play these videos on unauthorized devices. Common video converters also can't convert these protected videos, you need professional tools. Foxreal TuneSmasher can help you to convert these purchased protected videos, such as amazon instant video and itunes movies, just have a try. Backup/convert/capture/record itunes videos/amazon videos/digital copy movies