Adobe Air App

NoviSign

Apr 16, 2012
Can anyone point me to list of all tablets that have been tested with adobe air and support it?

What do you think on adobe air as a platform for android?

NoviSign

Apr 16, 2012
it is strange but i could not find posts about the abobe air at the forum so if you guys can point where i can see it hear or can share with your experiance that would be great

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I'm not sure there is a clear advantage or use to Adobe Air on Android tablets. As you have noted there is not much talk about it, so presumably it isn't very important. From the reviews in the Play store for the app, it seems to be a joke.

NoviSign

Apr 16, 2012
You point is goog and interesting. the plus of the Air is the ability to write once and run in diffrent environments PC, iOS, Android and i have to say it is working good however i was surprised to see weak tablet support for this. I guess you are for writing native on android.

Why you think it didnt went good for Adobe? it realy sounds cool

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I think it is what you said about native support in the OS. Why would you use an app to run other apps essentially when you could just run those things directly as their own app. The concept of Air makes sense in the old idea of computers and being able to run "programs" on those computers without having to download or install a separate program each time.

However, the paradigm has shifted and people no longer think in computer terms about "software" and "programs" being added to an OS. Now we have the concept of applications where each application is its own little self contained program designed to run natively. In essence it is the same thing but think of how easy it is to download game "apps" to Android or iOS vs. having to use a CD or whatever and install games the way you use to on a computer. Would anybody even take the time to install 5 versions of Angry Birds games on their computer? No, they would simply play it through a website or maybe use something like Adobe Air so they wouldn't have to download and install each game to their computer as a separate program.

Now computers have have also picked up on this and the latest versions of OS X and Windows 8 have the idea of app built in. No longer will you have this sort of separate idea of having to install "software" or "programs". Everything is an app now.