Amazon Free App of the Day

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Actually that silly disclaimer is accurate sometimes. Robot unicorn attack didn't work on the NC.

I just meant it is silly to have an app not compatible with tablets, not that a disclaimer saying it wasn't compatible is silly. I realize there might be develpoment issues preventing immediate compatibility but come on, this is the rise of the tablets don't get left behind :)

chris30673

Feb 4, 2011
I just meant it is silly to have an app not compatible with tablets, not that a disclaimer saying it wasn't compatible is silly. I realize there might be develpoment issues preventing immediate compatibility but come on, this is the rise of the tablets don't get left behind :)

Makes since, and completely agree with ya.

chris30673

Feb 4, 2011
Pocket casts

If you like to know what's going on in the world, watch movies, play sports, laugh, or have hobbies, there's a podcast for you. Actually, if you're human, and you enjoy something, anything-- there's likely a podcast out there for you.
Pocket Casts makes searching, organizing, streaming, and enjoying your favorite podcasts quick and simple.

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
They've had a string of pretty weak offerings lately. They better get it together or I'm going to have to find a new source for my free apps...

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Now that is one of the funniest posts I've read in a long time!

Sent from my VM670 using Android Tablet Forum

chris30673

Feb 4, 2011
This one looks promising:

Apparatus

Build a complex machine to perform a simple task in Apparatus, an addictive, brainteasing game for your Android phone or tablet device. The only limits are your creativity and the laws of physics as you create mechanical structures that send marbles rolling toward a final goal.
You'll begin the game with a few objects and a single goal: to send your marble rolling until it lands in a blue, bucket-like container. You're free to build any kind of machine you want with the materials you're given, and creativity is essential.

Schnoidz

Jun 2, 2011
This one looks promising:

Apparatus

Build a complex machine to perform a simple task in Apparatus, an addictive, brainteasing game for your Android phone or tablet device. The only limits are your creativity and the laws of physics as you create mechanical structures that send marbles rolling toward a final goal.
You'll begin the game with a few objects and a single goal: to send your marble rolling until it lands in a blue, bucket-like container. You're free to build any kind of machine you want with the materials you're given, and creativity is essential.

I really like this one!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I thought it was pretty good after testing a few levels too. I like the graphics and the ability to zoom in and out. I couldn't imagine this one on a little phone screen. Not that you couldn't do it but I think seeing it on the bigger screen really shows the game off.

Schnoidz

Jun 2, 2011
Speed
The simple yet elegant speedometer for Android from High Caffeine Content, uses the location data from your GPS to provide a near-accurate representation of how fast you're actually traveling.

Not for the Nook...

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Now that I finally can,how do I get the Amazon apps?
Gg

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

Schnoidz

Jun 2, 2011
Last edited:

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Thank you Schnoidz,I was on those links yesterday but I didn't see the download button to press. I got it today though so I'll be ready for the app of the day tomorrow.
Gg

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

Schnoidz

Jun 2, 2011
Doodle Fit

At first, the object of Doodle Fit seems simple enough. For each level, you must place a set of differently shaped blocks into a given shape. You drag blocks in and out of the shape in search for the layout that covers the whole shape. You cannot flip the blocks around as you do in Tetris, however. A level is complete when all blocks have been used and there's no more free space in the shape.

Make It Fit

The first few levels are relatively simple and are designed to get you used to the game's concept and controls. Doodle Fit eventually evolves into a maddening game of geometric logic. Once you unlock the higher levels, get ready for hours of brain-frying puzzlers as you try to fit those darn blocks into increasingly complex shapes.

Get a Clue

If you're at your wits' end, you can raise the white flag and get a hint. When you solve two levels, you're allotted one hint. Because of the limited amount of hints, be sure to use a hint only if you're totally stuck. And no, you can't use a crowbar to cram those blocks in.

Hours of Puzzling Pleasure

Challenge yourself with more than 100 levels involving unique shapes. Many of the puzzles actually have more than one solution; there are almost 250 solutions in total. Doodle Fit features doodle-style graphics with two themes: notebook and chalkboard. Keep track of your stats, including levels solved, solutions found, games played, and time spent. Save up to five profiles so you can compare scores with your fellow Doodle Fit engineers. A cheerful 32-bit melody accompanies the puzzles.