Amazon Free App of the Day

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
This one is self explanatory. Probably most have played this at one time or another. It does require access to your wi-fi networks, which makes no sense to me. Also, they misspelled the word "Excellent" within the game, which is kind of funny when you think about it.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
It does require access to your wi-fi networks, which makes no sense to me.

I've noticed quite a few apps that require access to WiFi for no apparent reason. I wonder if it's just sloppy coding or something we're missing. If it was a game you play against others I could understand.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Diary Pro is the 11/27 app.

Diary is a simple application which lets you write daily thoughts/ideas/memories with a simple user interface. Make your memories more memorable by attaching photos, videos and music.

Swipe through the pages for quick navigation between dates. Searching through your entries is faster than ever using the search button. The auto-save feature saves your entries as you type without the hassle of another save button.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Seriously? A diary app?:confused: And then for a list of apps that customers that bought this app also bought, they list a bunch more diary apps! Why would you want one, let alone more than one of these? Aren't diaries supposed to be private? Check out these permissions. You have no way of blocking them, or the govt., or the nosey neighbor down the street from reading it.

Application Permissions: (Help me understand what permissions mean)
  • Required to be able to access the camera device
  • Open network sockets
  • Write to external storage
  • Access information about Wi-Fi networks
  • Access information about networks
  • Record audio

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Here's one reason someone might want a diary app JB.
cool.png

$DramaQ.jpg

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
The problem with that theory is a) People can read what you write either way and b) People that would use a diary app will probably not pass up a chance to post on FB. Speaking of FB, didn't you used to think your friends and relatives were smarter than that? "I am going to go to bed now". Okay, I need to know that why?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Word Puzle for the Holiday Soul is the 11/28 app.

On the game board, you are given a holiday quote by great men and women.
The tiles are shuffled and not readable. Your task is to put
the tiles back into their places and recover the original quote.

To reconstruct a quote, you must swap the letter tiles until you
get every correct words. The tiles can only be swapped vertically
in its respective column.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
WORD PUZZLE for the HOLIDAY SOUL is the 11/27 app.

On the game board, you are given a holiday quote by great men and women.
The tiles are shuffled and not readable. Your task is to put
the tiles back into their places and recover the original quote.

To reconstruct a quote, you must swap the letter tiles until you
get every correct words. The tiles can only be swapped vertically
in its respective column.

I'm guessing they ran out of mahjong ideas. This gets good ratings, though, and there are hardly any permissions. If you like word games, give it a try.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
The Adventures of Mosaika is the 11/29 app.

• Beautiful hand-painted graphics that draw you into this mesmerizing adventure!
• Lots of items to collect and puzzles to solve!
• Original soundtrack and sound effects!
• A journal that keeps track of all the symbols and clues that you encounter.
• A dynamic map that shows all of the areas you have explored, as well as your current location.
• A complete hint system built right into the game.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Neon Flow is the 11/30 app.

Make sparks fly by drawing neon paths with your finger! Connect two dots with matching color to create a neon flow. Solve each puzzle by connecting all the dots and lighting up the board!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
FreeCell+ is the 12/1 app.

FreeCell by Brainium is the #1 classic FreeCell you know and love for your Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Fire, and Android Phones and Tablets.

We have stayed true to the spirit of FreeCell, and carefully designed a fresh modern look, woven into the wonderful classic feel that everyone loves. In FreeCell the goal is to build up the four foundations in ascending suit sequence from Ace to King, with cards of identical suit.

Experience the crisp, clear, and easy to read cards, simple and quick animations, and subtle sounds, in either landscape or portrait views.

You can move cards with a single tap or drag them to their destination. If you're rusty with the rules of FreeCell, our animated tutorial will show you the rules and get you playing in no time.