Amazon Free App of the Day

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
OMG, JB doesn't want a beer? You must have really been sick.:rolleyes:

Probably just as well though, you don't need the complications from that tyramine. Apparently severe headaches when eating cheese is one of the effects, that could be catastrophic for anyone in WI.

Rest up and get better soon! Meanwhile, I'll put the beer in cold storage for you.

Are you familiar with tyramine? I need some serious help knowing what is okay and what is not. Google is not our friend in this case.

Naught is highly rated and almost no permissions. If you like this type of game, go for it.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Naught is highly rated and almost no permissions. If you like this type of game, go for it.

I thought you'd like the permissions, they're exactly what I'd expect from an app like this.:eek:

Are you familiar with tyramine? I need some serious help knowing what is okay and what is not. Google is not our friend in this case.

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with it, but that rarely stops me from commenting.:rolleyes: From what I can gather, a problem would be caused by the interaction between tyramine and one of the medications your Dr. prescribed for you. The effect is that your blood pressure would go up, which is why you'd have headaches. The jacked up blood pressure would be the real problem, the headaches merely an unpleasant warning sign. Your Dr. and/or your Pharmacist would be the ones to ask for more information and I'd definitely follow their advice to the letter. Apparently no biggie if you listen to them, and you'll likely wish you had if you don't. Beer is better in the Spring and Summer anyway, don't take any chances.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Riptide GP is the 12/7 app.

Dive into the first ever console-quality water racing game for mobile, featuring super-realistic water physics, real-time reflections (dual core only), and gorgeous high-detail vehicles and environments.

Rev up your supercharged hydro jet and take a wild ride through twisting canals and rivers, futuristic cityscapes, and mysterious research facilities. Skill, stunts, and speed will be your best allies as you grab massive air off huge waves, kick out death-defying tricks, and boost your hydro jet to victory across a dynamic, ever-changing torrent of foam and spray.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
The reason I read the 1 star ratings on popular apps like this, is to see if they have a legitimate beef. An app can be highly rated but have excessive permissions. That would be a good reason for a poor rating by the reviewer. Tilt doesn't work on Nabi 2, app wouldn't download, downloaded but have a black screen. IMO these are functions of the device, not the app. If it was the app, wouldn't these be common problems?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
True, if there's a problem with the app you'd expect folks with a variety of tablets to complain about it.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Sparkle HD is the 12/8 app.

Sparkle HD: Break the Orbs and Save the World! No one travels without worries in Crowberry Woods anymore! Vast blackness has blanketed the once beautiful forest. Only small sparkles of light trickle through the all consuming darkness.

Use your orb slinger to shatter the orbs of darkness before they release their destructive powers. Can you bring the light back, from a sparkle to full bloom? Discover multitude of magical amulets and powerups, and uncover the deepest secrets. Don't leave the fair trees of Crowberry Woods unsparkled!

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Another one with good ratings and few permissions. Might not work well with Kindle Fire.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Alarm Clock Millenium (Ad-Free) is the 12/9 app.

This is the full version of the famous Alarm Clock Millenium, it has no ads and no limitation on the number of alarms that you can set with a vacation mode feature and weather information as extra bonus.

Alarm Clock Millenium is an alarm clock + timers + stopwatch app that offers a wide choice of ways to wake up, it allows you to wake up at time in the best way.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Step away from this app. Just back up slowly and no one needs to get hurt. Just looking at the list of permissions is enough to keep you awake at night, so you wouldn't need the app anyway;
Application Permissions: (Help me understand what permissions mean)
  • Write to external storage
  • Access information about Wi-Fi networks
  • Access coarse (e.g., Cell-ID, Wi-Fi) location
  • Read only access to phone state
  • Get notified that the operating system has finished booting
  • Required to be able to access the camera device
  • Open network sockets
  • Read or write the system settings
  • Access fine (e.g., GPS) location
  • Access the vibration feature
  • Access information about networks
  • Access the flashlight
  • PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Atriviate AdFree is the 12/10 app.

Have fun answering questions and compete against your friends online! More than 5,000 questions and periodic updates. Walk the board using special boxes to get all the stars. Entertain yourself while expanding your knowledge with 7 classical categories: Geography, Sports, Entertainment, Art and Literature, Science and Technology, History and Everything.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
This app has more 1 star ratings than all other ratings combined. It is not ad free as claimed and smothers you with permissions.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Relax and Rest Meditations is the 12/11 app.

Enjoy the deep relaxation, stress relief and benefits of meditation with this app by Meditation Oasis™. Three meditations of varying lengths allow you to relax deeply regardless of how much time you have available. Written Meditation Tips help support your experience with the guided meditations.

-- Breath Awareness Guided Meditation (5 min) - to get centered and relaxed when you only have time for a short break.
-- Deep Rest Guided Meditation (13 min) - allows you to sink into a deeply restful state. Many people use this meditation for falling asleep.
-- Whole Body Guided Relaxation (24 min) - Relax totally and completely with this meditation which helps you locate tension in every part of the body, and let it go.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Christmasville: The Missing Santa ADVENTures is the 12/12 app.

Christmas is in danger! Santa Claus has been abducted from his home at the North Pole. Get ready for a magical plot twists and encounters with the fairy tale characters, because the first person you will meet will be the Abominable Snowman! The poor fellow so concerned about the disappearance of Santa that he is ready to go to search for him at the North Pole. But meeting the Abominable Snowman is just the beginning!

Christmasville will appeal to everyone who loves mysterious stories and good humor. To understand what happened, you’ll need to use your head, gather important clues, solve puzzles and riddles, and read all of the encrypted notes from Santa.