Android 2.2 VIA chipset 7inch ePad MID, power button not working

anees

Apr 4, 2011
Hi,

Following might help someone:

yesterday, my, Android 2.2 VIA chipset 7inch ePad MID, fell (but not from much height) and power button stopped working.
I was worried that it was not even a week and it had wasted.

I opened it with screw driver and, surprised to find out that it had very simple architecture, around 6 off-the-shelf-components connected together
1. embedded VIA chipset mother board
2. a flash memory (or RAM) installed on mother board - like normal laptop RAM
3. a battery
4. a touch LCD screen
5. gravity sensor
6. and button panels connected with motherboard

Battery is stick to back of screen, and a bus cable/wire of button panel connects with motherboard, which passes in between screen and battery. The tape is used to glue battery with back of screen, which got glued with that cable. The fall, made the battery move, which had loosened the glued cable connections.

I pulled the battery, tightened the button panel bus cable connections, and taped/glued the battery much better, now it is good as new (only screw driver slighly damaged the border, as screw driver had to pushed in the case to separate back cover),
also remember to remove the micro-SD card from tablet (which have to purchase separately), before opening the back cover, as I broke my Rs.1100 8GB micro-SD card, yesterday, thus I purchased 4 GB today for Rs. 500 :(

anees

Apr 4, 2011
I have an old, but perfectly working, 512MB DDR2 ram from my laptop (as I have upgraded my laptop to 2GB DDR2 RAM). I tried to install it, it installed perfectly in the socket, but ePad did not start with it (may be bus speed differ or something else), then I replaced it with previous component (don't know what is it, RAM, Flash or something else), but socket is same of that DDR2 RAM found in laptops.

VonSpyder

Apr 16, 2011
Fun facts: Usb Mouse works with our tablets

Not so fun facts: do not under any circumstances try to open your tablet. I just did this and now touch screen no longer works at all (i opened it gently and mouse interface and everything else work just no more touch screen) So now Im going to go buy a new tablet...FML. (this is my own stupid fault, I wanted to see if I could upgrade the RAM as I have a psare chip but no real point in it now...)

See you guys in the ZT-180 forum as thats the new tablet i just ordered.

Last edited:

ForAfrica

Oct 15, 2011
Hi,

Following might help someone:

yesterday, my, Android 2.2 VIA chipset 7inch ePad MID, fell (but not from much height) and power button stopped working.
I was worried that it was not even a week and it had wasted.

I opened it with screw driver and, surprised to find out that it had very simple architecture, around 6 off-the-shelf-components connected together
1. embedded VIA chipset mother board
2. a flash memory (or RAM) installed on mother board - like normal laptop RAM
3. a battery
4. a touch LCD screen
5. gravity sensor
6. and button panels connected with motherboard

Battery is stick to back of screen, and a bus cable/wire of button panel connects with motherboard, which passes in between screen and battery. The tape is used to glue battery with back of screen, which got glued with that cable. The fall, made the battery move, which had loosened the glued cable connections.

I pulled the battery, tightened the button panel bus cable connections, and taped/glued the battery much better, now it is good as new (only screw driver slighly damaged the border, as screw driver had to pushed in the case to separate back cover),
also remember to remove the micro-SD card from tablet (which have to purchase separately), before opening the back cover, as I broke my Rs.1100 8GB micro-SD card, yesterday, thus I purchased 4 GB today for Rs. 500 :(

I am about to buy some of these tablets as Christmas gifts and after watching this video
and reading some other forums I know have second thoughts... is this tablet worth its money or not ... to get it to South Africa it will cost me about $200.00 each. I wanted about ten.

Last edited by a moderator: