Android 4 (Ice Cream Sandwich)

rayrwb

Aug 12, 2011
Unable to run BBC iPlayer even with Flash 11.1 installed. Does anyone know how to overcome this problem?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I believe BBC iPlayer is not compatible with ICS. Send them a message through the app store asking them to update the app.

JP

rayrwb

Aug 12, 2011
I find myself responding to my own thread having managed to come across a work-around to the issue.
After much searching, l have managed to get BBC iPlayer to work on Android4.
Basically using the following method:-
With Flash 11.1 installed, accessed via the Opera Browser. N.B.,not the BBC iPlayer app. Having selected a TV programme within BBC, the usual spluttering and stopping of the video commenced. However, when l , 'double-tapped' the screen to bring it into full screen mode, it worked! Have tried this several times and it does work.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
rayrwb said:
I find myself responding to my own thread having managed to come across a work-around to the issue.
After much searching, l have managed to get BBC iPlayer to work on Android4.
Basically using the following method:-
With Flash 11.1 installed, accessed via the Opera Browser. N.B.,not the BBC iPlayer app. Having selected a TV programme within BBC, the usual spluttering and stopping of the video commenced. However, when l , 'double-tapped' the screen to bring it into full screen mode, it worked! Have tried this several times and it does work.

Mate you're a star! I've been trying to get iplayer working since I got my tab with no joy. I've got to update it yet but have been holding back for more stable versions after hearing a few problems. I didn't need to double tap, opera plays it perfectly as is. Now to get itv player working and I'm good to go. I tried your method but it didn't cure it but thanx again for iplayer info..if ypu know another metthod for itvplayer id love to know.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

rayrwb

Aug 12, 2011
There is hope for you in regard to the ITV player!
The following has worked for me..
Go to the following link and download the ITV app.....
Index of /A818_A820_recomended
You will then be prompted to download 'Adobe AIR.' Do so.
App is now working fine for me though it says that ITV1 is not available in my area.
Hope that you have success. It is always pleasing to resolve these little niggles!