Android market and Kindle app

drnls

Jun 6, 2011
I bought the 7024 for my daughter's birthday and am trying to install the Kindle app. Not available thru appslib. Tried directly from Amazon site - doesn't work. Tried downloading market with dropping the apk (70-80-1024) file from other post. Didn't work either so I'll have to go thru the other method. Problem is I don't have a sd card - on order. Any other method or just download the book I want from Nook since it downloaded no problem?
Thanks, Nelson

colnago

May 18, 2011
You probably have to install the Amazon Apps Store app, and then get the Kindle app through this. To get the Android Market to work, I went to www.droid-life.com, and they had a Market app that worked for me. I also had to create a Google account, and sync up the Coby with this account before I could access the Android Market. PITA, if you ask me, but I really wanted to make it work because I really knew it _should_ work.

Joseph

theonlygina

Jul 30, 2011
Help! I just got the Market app from the link you suggested, (Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog - All about Android and the DROID lineup of phones, Rooting, Apps, Reviews and Videos.) and everything installed fine, but I think Im running into the same problem you had, can you tell me what you did? before it will run it is telling me, "you must add an account to the device to continue. Do you want to add one now? YES or NO" when I click yes, it falls back to the home page. HOW DID YOU SYNC UP YOUR GOOGLE ACCOUNT WITH YOUR COBY?? Please help!

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Help! I just got the Market app from the link you suggested, (Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog - All about Android and the DROID lineup of phones, Rooting, Apps, Reviews and Videos.) and everything installed fine, but I think Im running into the same problem you had, can you tell me what you did? before it will run it is telling me, "you must add an account to the device to continue. Do you want to add one now? YES or NO" when I click yes, it falls back to the home page. HOW DID YOU SYNC UP YOUR GOOGLE ACCOUNT WITH YOUR COBY?? Please help!

You need to install the setup wizard apk to add account.

rickio

May 14, 2011
Did you install network services.apk? You need that to create an synch up to market.
I have a copy in my skydrive if you need it.
Sent from my MID7024 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

Ray50

Apr 24, 2011
drnls - Did you get the Kindle app yet. I just finished a Kindle book using the 8024 and it worked very nice. I apk I down loaded to set up the Amazon Marketplace was "Amazon_Appstore-release.apk". I like the Amazon app store much better then AppLib. I also installed the 'Slideme' Marketplace BUT use Amazon the most.