Android Pad vs iPad

CRAZZYZ

Sep 6, 2011
Talk about the open source platform, I threw my iPhone straight to Africa after I purchased my Inspire, not even the best of Droid but still beats the iPhone. I started to hate their guts when my iPhone got locked out, just went blank all of a sudden, which the only way to fix the problem is to connect to itoons and restore your phone, which they force you to update, whipping out days and moneys worth of jailbreaks and jailbreak apps, updating your firmware which is not by choice, now I can't use my Skype, can't delete single numbers, can't crate my own ring tones, can't apply the option of blocked calls, I travel a lot, can't install another countries sim to use to make phone calls. All these are apps out there they refused. I bought my phone, I should be able to do what I want with it, but noooooo, Apple still has the ULTIMATE say.Open Source from now on.

redcloud

Aug 24, 2011
The Android tablet is in it,s infancy, but is growing by leaps and bounds. Not even a year old yet, it has grown exponentally. It is exciting to see such new technology growing and blossoming as the Android tables are doing. It is forcing Apple to get moving with more innovation on their part, but they have chosen to take the lawyer approach.... I love the open source approach of the Android system, which allows for more innovation when it comes to apps. Granted there are a few unfinished bits here and there, but it will all tie in and get polished as the system matures.

Topman

Sep 13, 2011
will tablets be able to do everything that a laptop can do?
or can tablets only read emails and watch videos?

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
If I remember correctly Apple is coming out with an android tablet in the near future......that alone says a lot to me!
gloria
Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

Topman

Sep 13, 2011
If I remember correctly Apple is coming out with an android tablet in the near future......that alone says a lot to me!
gloria
Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

y would apple wanna do that? they have their own os :confused:

bclinger

Aug 11, 2011
A tablet will do most everything, but just not as well. The applications for Android do not have the functionality of the full programs, such as Word/Excel, et cetera. For extended entry, a Bluetooth keyboard/mouse are just about a necessity.

redcloud

Aug 24, 2011
I pad has a closed system, unlike Android, which is open source. Open Source allows the little guy to compete, by being able to write apps and mold the system. Sure Android is a little rough around the edges. But at least we can work with it and contribute to its development. Apple is a control freak, in the same league as Microsoft. With Apple, they select your options, with Android we have the freedom to develop and choose.

redcloud

Aug 24, 2011
will tablets be able to do everything that a laptop can do?
or can tablets only read emails and watch videos?

In Android, the future is ours for the taking. We have the option to steer android in our direction. Open source lets us in on the development game. Unlike Apple's big brother approach. The power to do things will improve as the operating system matures, it is inevitable that Tablets will outstripe laptops, and even replace them eventually.

ObsidianBlk

May 13, 2011
I pad has a closed system, unlike Android, which is open source. Open Source allows the little guy to compete, by being able to write apps and mold the system. Sure Android is a little rough around the edges. But at least we can work with it and contribute to its development. Apple is a control freak, in the same league as Microsoft. With Apple, they select your options, with Android we have the freedom to develop and choose.

I absolutely agree and I love my android tablet... but its the freedom it offers that scares people. I believe half the people on this earth hate choice. They don't want freedom (regardless of what they say) because then if something goes wrong it might actually be THIER fault instead of being able to blame others, like apple for letting a bad app out. I pity those people, but as for me... I thing I'm going to change my keyboard layout on my android... I love choice!

Topman

Sep 13, 2011
hmm, i think tablets cant replace laptops yet (still long way to go i think), since theres loads of apps cant be installed in android tablets, which is where this is stopping me from buying a tablet (android based )
since i want the idea of buying tablet instead of buying laptop.

ObsidianBlk

May 13, 2011
hmm, i think tablets cant replace laptops yet (still long way to go i think), since theres loads of apps cant be installed in android tablets, which is where this is stopping me from buying a tablet (android based )
since i want the idea of buying tablet instead of buying laptop.

Where are people getting this idea that "loads of apps can't be installed in android"? There are 10s of thousands of apps in the android market and most work fine on any android device. If you mean there aren't many iPhone apps that can be installed (as in no android counterpart) Then people really need to start educating themselves on what it means when someone says android and ios are different operating systems. That's like a Windows user saying "I don't want to switch to apple because it can't run a lot of programs".

Topman

Sep 13, 2011
Where are people getting this idea that "loads of apps can't be installed in android"? There are 10s of thousands of apps in the android market and most work fine on any android device. If you mean there aren't many iPhone apps that can be installed (as in no android counterpart) Then people really need to start educating themselves on what it means when someone says android and ios are different operating systems. That's like a Windows user saying "I don't want to switch to apple because it can't run a lot of programs".

o wow, that's lots of apps.
in media viewing, do u guys think ipad is better for quality and format supported? or android pad?
or both need some sort of converting before view-able?