Another update after 3.1 or just a patch?

johnblaze322

May 27, 2011
I just downloaded a new update tonight. Has anyone else gotten this yet? Is it a fix for our wi-fi problems? i barely use any wi-fi but my homes. Please let me know what this update/patch is for

PeteDee

May 21, 2011
just an update patch, no idea what it fixed because I have been running 3.1 , 4.010.24 just fine. Just updated to 4.010.40, so far just the same but with a higher number.... :)

Last edited:

deadlychicken

Jul 5, 2011
the patch downloaded but when it went to install it said invalid install and failed. Now it says that its uo to date when i go to check fir updates but i am still on acer a500 4.010.24 com gen1

johnblaze322

May 27, 2011
it also said that it was invailed the 1st time i downloaded also but i tryed it again right after and it installed fine

PeteDee

May 21, 2011
the patch downloaded but when it went to install it said invalid install and failed. Now it says that its uo to date when i go to check fir updates but i am still on acer a500 4.010.24 com gen1

Have you tried a couple of resets, if that does not work you may find it downloaded the wrong update for your country and you may have to wait or do a factory reset.

Pete

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Since folks don't always go to Acer's site and check out their releases I've put the sheet about the PATCH
update and how to manually install it. Click ----> HERE to see the PDF on google docs.

This is as of 7/21/2011.

Page one tells you the what versions you start with, and what versions you can expect after the patch is installed.

Page two tells you how to side load it. The side load method uses a MicroSD card.

(You don't have to risk your normal microsd card, you can use any old small microsd you happen to have laying around as long as it is Fat or fat32. Excellent use for those older tiny cards from back in the Razr days).

Of course if you jumped the gun and installed the leaked version from the dodgy Chinese web site, or any other version other than the original OTA, these patches are not likely to work. This patch is intended to be applied to a working 3.1 version.

Last edited:

jmack

Jul 27, 2010
will i have to re root after applying this patch? My Iconia is asking to update to 4.010.38

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
will i have to re root after applying this patch? My Iconia is asking to update to 4.010.38

Probably. But I think that is not a problem if you surf over to XDA they have that figured out.
Why did you root in the first place? If it was just to solve wifi issues, it might not be necessary any more.