Any experiences with techtoys2go?

The_Angelus

May 2, 2012
I just purchased the Flytouch 6 WoPad V10 from them. The price was pretty good, including the shipping. I was able to get some nice options, and they still came in under most of the Amazon listings on the price, even with DHL express shipping from China. Payment was done through PayPal.

It's nice to read legible English on a tablet sales site. :p

I will let you know how the transaction goes.

The_Angelus

May 2, 2012
Got my Flytouch 6 WoPad V10.

My wife placed the order with TechToys2Go, and paid with PayPal. We chose the 16GB version with the keyboard case, and added the Bluetooth USB adapter. DHL Delivery was a few bucks more than standard shipping, but I wanted to go with a branded delivery company that had strong domestic business roots here in the U.S.

The tablet arrived within 6 days of the order placement. Packaging was just fine, and very securely sealed with clear tape. A lot of clear tape. Once I got the brown cardboard packaging open, I removed the original product box. Very nice. The tablet had the factory laminates on it, and underneath were all the accessories. They wound up sending me TWO power adapters, probably by accident. Both work, and there was no additional cost tacked on, so it's not like they tried an underhanded sale addition. So far, so good.

I got the ICS 4.0 version. The Bluetooth adapter doesn't work with it, but they made it clear in the product description that BT only worked if I got the older version of the OS, which was an option. I don't mind, since it was only $3 or so. I might get lucky and get an update that makes it workable at some point down the road. The package apparently also comes with ear buds by default. Not too shabby, since I'll most likely not be using the tablet with my BT headphones. :p

Once I pulled the factory laminate off and powered up, I realized there was a gouge on the left side of the screen face. A small air bubble had formed under it. I really wasn't looking forward to having to send it back. I had emailed support regarding not having a tracking number (the product showed up about 10 minutes after I sent the email!), and mentioned the gouge. I asked if it might become a bigger problem involving air separating the screen layers. The rather nice and prompt tech support guy told me there is almost always a second factory protection laminate layer, and to try peeling it off. Sure enough, he was right, and it came right off. Screen looks fine, and the texture is what I was expecting. (I felt dumb.)

The support guy was very attentive, detailed and wrote perfect English. We chatted back and forth via email for a bit. He gave me a few tips on charging the device, since there were reports of issues. He also sent me instructions on updating the firmware, along with a link to the appropriate software download. I haven't tried it yet, since I need a USB full male to full male cable to do it. But I'm happy with the tablet so far.

In a nutshell: Great price, great service, and great support. I hope to see other folks post their purchase experiences, to see if I'm the only one who's happy with everything. I would definitely buy from them again. BTW, their website is better than some of the other China-based tablet sales sites I've seen. Everything in clear, native English. They explain how they do business, and all that. Pretty good, IMO.