Any luck using Apple Bluetooth Keyboard with 3.1?

Therev1969

May 18, 2011
Hey all! Anyone know how to pair and use an Apple Bluetooth keyboabrd with Acer A500 running Honeycomb 3.1? Wisdom please!

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
Would it not be the same as pairing any BT keyboard? I have been thinking of buying the Logitech BT Keyboard for Tablets, they have one for Android and one for iPad. However, I have both tablets but only want one keyboard. I'm hoping one will work with both tablets. My understanding is that that works as long as both conform to HID standards for BT (or something like that).

Bec

May 26, 2011
I wouldn't risk getting the Apple logitech version. The android one has custom play pause fwd etc buttons too. If the iVersion has them too they probably won't work on android.

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
I wouldn't risk getting the Apple logitech version. The android one has custom play pause fwd etc buttons too. If the iVersion has them too they probably won't work on android.

Those are the least important keys for me....so I would not be upset if they were the only things that didn't work....

kes601

May 23, 2011
I think I have an extra Apple bluetooth keyboard at home, I'll try to pair it this evening.

kes601

May 23, 2011
Typing this with the Apple Bluetooth keyboard. Believe it or not, the volume buttons and the media control buttons work as well.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
Typing this with the Apple Bluetooth keyboard. Believe it or not, the volume buttons and the media control buttons work as well.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Cool....that's the HID standard at work.

csoren

May 19, 2011
Oh wow, thanks for sharing. Is it one of the newer aluminum chiclet style keyboards?

Therev1969

May 18, 2011
Got it working! Thanks for the help. Now if I can eliminate the typing lagg in the browser! Yikes!