Anyone find an overclock / CPU booster that works

Cat88Extreme

Mar 15, 2011
I have tried a couple that say they should work with a rooted android on the oem ROM, but none work so far. Has anyone found one that works. I used Universal AndRoot to root my tablet (EX).

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010

Cat88Extreme

Mar 15, 2011
Well I was more looking into this for processor reduction when possible to save battery life. I am very interested in Froyo though. I just need to read through the posts about loading it. I am also very happy about having a bootable SD card backup with Froyo. This is my second tablet, the first one froze when doing an update and wouldn't go past the Sylvania name at startup, without a bootable SD card backup I could do nothing to fix the first tablet.

Spindizy

Apr 20, 2011
overclocking typically requires a modified kernel. And on the ones that it says it does not require a modified kernel, the frequency, and clock multiplier values are dynamically settable through procfs or sysfs. In kernels that it says it will work with that are OEM, Thats why. I havent tried to look at the kernel for this too close yet (mainly because we dont seem to have kernel sources... Which AFAIK is way against GPL..) but im willing to bet money, marbles or chalk, that the cpu freq's are locked/and or hard coded. Thats why you wont have any luck with them, not till that changes or we get new kernels or kernel source.