Anyone know if I can use a USB flash drive if..?

poconopat

Apr 10, 2012
If I use a double female USB connector...would my TC970 recognize it as a folder ?
Sure would like to try, but the info is from Windows computer. Photos , notepad files etc.
Be great if it did!

Waiting for female adapter.to.arrive
Will let Ya.know.if someone hasn't tried. THANKS!

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
no it doesnt work from what i understand. le pan has usb otg (on the go) this means you have to connect to a powered usb device or could need a special cable from le pan. so far le pan has not come out with any of the promised cables. other folks have tried your idea with no luck so far.

I was looking into usb otg and I guess the basic Idea is an otg device can be a host or a client. you should be able to connect two phones or a phone /tablet directly with no computer and they will recognize each other. there are special usb otg cables available. I have not heard of anyone trying to use one of those connected to the female to female connector you have on order.

Last edited:

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Real bummer that it doesn't work like it should. :(

My wife's Archos 101t tablet does have two usb ports, one being a normal sized 'A' port, and it accepts a usb key drive just fine.

moloch

Jan 17, 2012
What I do is use ES file explorer to browse to a shared folder on my windows computer. In the long run that is easier than sharing a usb drive back and forth.

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
A Working USB port would allow you to connect a powered 3.5" hard drive; then play videos directly from it, for example, saving all the copying, slow transfers for these big video files.

Small files can be done via ES File Explorer, or even AirDroid for a wireless copy, yes.

Still - the OTG no-go SB is certainly a disappointment.