anyone try Playon on the NC ?

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
I just tried it on my Droid phone and works great but dont' want to invest in it if it won't work on the NC as well...

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Yep there is a thread about it someplace (Technical Section maybe?). Sounds like good success so far.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
yep i posted about it - i use it with my nook - tested it at home - excellent! as well as remotely - i.e. from work (18 miles away) - obviously the farther away you are from your home pc, the lower the quality but passable in a small screen, from my work at full screen (landscape mode) it was a little blocky but again passable if i watch in portrait mode (not full screen)

great for watching netflix, amazon, hulu and other video streaming sites remotely - i ended up buying th lifetime licence

Note playon transcodes the stream and sends the trancoded stream to your nook so it is dependent on how good you home pc is that is serving the content.

my one peeve is that it only works in one orientation in landscape mode (i.e positioned so the SD port is on the bottom right)
I just tried it on my Droid phone and works great but dont' want to invest in it if it won't work on the NC as well...

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
I still don't have sound :confused: I have tried it with bluetooth, headphones, and yes,
:rolleyes: I turned the volume all the way up:rolleyes:.

If anyone knows a good place to find an answer I would be grateful as I went the Playon Forums hoping to find some answers and it is an unorganized,, unmitigated sh#tshow over there.

:cool:I am spoiled by our clean, organized, and helpful forum:cool:

Any info would be appreciated as it seems like a terrific app.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
LS, have you tried wiping the data, reinstalling the app and those sorts of things? Perhaps you just got a bad install.

I have not, and I will just got back from my first full day of work in quite some time and I am exhausted. I'll give it a shot as soon as I get up from my nap.

Thanks.

tocoty

Jan 4, 2011
will playon work on rooted 1.1 nc with 2.1 os?

i can't find in market place ...
i think play on requires 2.2 os ???
thanks

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
oh well guess I need to UPGRADE to another root... am on autonooter.......now which one ?
CM7 or do you suggest another one.. ?

I want to use playon to get the BBCtv... love all kinds of British shows...

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
LS, does playon work from other computers with sound? My thought is it might be your computer's setup more than the Nook's.

Thank's! I haven't tried that yet. I installed it on my laptop by default but I have a media sever PC that I will try it on.

Any ideas what I might settings change on my laptop? I really like the idea of Playon and will probably pay for the service if I can get it to work.

Thanks Again.

LS

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
oh well guess I need to UPGRADE to another root... am on autonooter.......now which one ?
CM7 or do you suggest another one.. ?

I want to use playon to get the BBCtv... love all kinds of British shows...

It should work on any 2.2+ ROMs so yes CM7(Phiremod, UD, NookieComb)should work. I am having sound issues but others seem to have had luck. It really is a great looking app.

delinger

Jun 27, 2011
Just rooted my nc yesterday with the very latest nightly version of CM7. I can stream PlayOn content just fine while on my home wireless. Will try it at work tonight to see what results I get. I have been using it on my EVO for a long time, but found that if I watch for too long, it overheats my big battery. I am new to the nc world, but have loved the results so far.