Anyone's wifi giving them problems?

noweakness

May 4, 2011
My wifi works fine but on my acer its seems to stick. Like its a pain to download apps from the market cause it has to attempt to download so many times until it will finally download. Just seems like its having trouble holding a connection even though it says its connected with a strong signal

suade907

Apr 27, 2011
I haven't noticed anything like that. Overall mines been pretty solid. I had one diconnect since I got it but its been solid since.

pentool

May 1, 2011
Are you having issues with streaming sites as well, eg YouTube? Navigation to other sites? Maybe it's market related?

noweakness

May 4, 2011
Are you having issues with streaming sites as well, eg YouTube? Navigation to other sites? Maybe it's market related?

Well it seemed to freeze up while playing words. Its starting to get aggravating. Maybe just a faulty set

Also, my tablet seems to randomly turn itself on (the screen lights up) when sitting idle doing nothing.

deags

Oct 19, 2010
I just got my a500. I am having a similar issue in regards to wifi. It can't seem to hold the connection, no matter what I am doping... Browsing, youtube, market, doesnt matter. Drops out and seems the only way to fix it is to shut down and restart. It's particularly annoiying as the connection only seems to ever last a few minutes.

noweakness

May 4, 2011
I just got my a500. I am having a similar issue in regards to wifi. It can't seem to hold the connection, no matter what I am doping... Browsing, youtube, market, doesnt matter. Drops out and seems the only way to fix it is to shut down and restart. It's particularly annoiying as the connection only seems to ever last a few minutes.

Well i've come to realize most of the problems I am having are market related. The market is very very slow and non responsive when it comes to downloading an app. It usually takes a long time for the download to begin.

If I leave my tablet on for awhile it and try to use the wifi I get poor performance so I can either restart the tablet or turn off wifi and turn it back on and performance seems to get better, but I think my biggest problem is the market thus far.

71free

Jun 10, 2011
I am experiencing regular dropouts too. It doesn't seem to matter what signal strength or app either.
Have you had any luck sorting it out?

bonzer2u

Jan 29, 2011
I exchanged mine for another unit and had significant improvement. I was also advised by acer tech support that there was a known hardware issue with a batch of wifi modules......​

GreyLeader

Jul 18, 2011
A couple of days ago my A500 informed me there was a system update available (376.99MB). Amazingly, it has been downloading ever since and whenever I have checked on progress it tells me that the speed is anything between 1KB/s and 43KB/s. This seems to be the case no matter how close the device is to the wireless router/modem.

Right now 324MB has been downloaded (48 hours and counting).

I cannot believe this is normal and would welcome any thoughts there may be out there on what the difficulty is.

The only other device in the house accessing the wifi routinely is a PC (and that sometimes seems very slow too with YouTube etc. being very jittery and spasmodic).

Looking forward to any responses,

GL:confused:

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
You posted in the wrong forum.

You should call your provider and *****. You could do better on dial up.

GerardFreeman

Jul 18, 2011
My wifi keeps going oo and off.....every hotspot I go to the same mess..I just had this tablet for 2 days...I am taking it back for another one

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

GerardFreeman

Jul 18, 2011
I just got a new one and took the other back. It works great now:) ... look at the date on back of the box, don't buy the ones that have April or older on it...get the ones that have May or later...I also got a color fold out that I didn't get in the Arpil box....also I have a few more apps to my May box :) it update to 3.1 fast:) nice!!! May

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited: