Apps for construction/ building industry

DC61

Jun 12, 2013
Hello everyone, new to this just wondering if anyone could recommend any good apps for construction/ building industry. Mainly recording works on site with photos. Thanks

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
That's a broad subject. I have a customer, an electrical contractor, using tablets in the field. They take photos associated with doing estimates and shoot it all to a common DropBox account. They even get contracts signed in the field using their tablets. It all depends on what you need to do.

DC61

Jun 12, 2013
That's a broad subject. I have a customer, an electrical contractor, using tablets in the field. They take photos associated with doing estimates and shoot it all to a common DropBox account. They even get contracts signed in the field using their tablets. It all depends on what you need to do.

Just want something that I can record defects on site with. Take a photo, highlight in the photo the problem + make a note and be able to print off as PDF report to send to subcontractors.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Just want something that I can record defects on site with. Take a photo, highlight in the photo the problem + make a note and be able to print off as PDF report to send to subcontractors.

All that is going to be doable with any of the major brand tablets. The only concern I see is if you plan on printing in the field. Printing to the office if you have a WiFi connection is not a big deal as the customer I mentioned is doing that but they are tethered to their phone. Or you could get a tablet with a data plan or something called a MiFi which is a portable hotspot.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011

With the Samsung Galaxy note series of tablets (10",8",5.6") you can take a picture and with the pen, they come with you can easily add whatever you want to add .This is an example:

$ForumRunner_20130620_020703.png