Apps missing from the App Store

Discussion in 'Vizio Tablets' started by abarenbe, Aug 29, 2011.

1. abarenbe

abarenbe Member

Does anyone else have alot of key apps not showing up for them in the app store. Facebook, Amazon, Flow, ect - none of them show up for me in the store. If i find a link to go directly to the app in the store I can read about it, but no download button.

Theses aren't apps that would require DRM or hardware acceleration, clueless as to why they wouldn't be available for the vizio.

Thanks Andy

2. dragoro

dragoro Member

Tablet / Device:
    Acer Icona 500
    probably dont show up because they arent compatible with your tablet.

3. Copp

Copp Member

....see that which is not compatible with your device. Maybe something is missing or maybe it is something which IS there that Visio just hasn't got around to telling Market about, perhaps from an update.. I do know a side-install of Words With Friends, a Facebook game, does not fit to the screen.....Advanced Facebook (also installed from a SD card from my phone) also shows pictures about 10% "scrunched", but only sometimes.

All these complaints, from the remote's lack of features/devices, to the screen, to the lack of root, etc., assuming the machine gets a few hundred thousand users, will all go away. Right now the "community" as it were, lacks anyone with any real programming skills. I myself am dying to root and flash and might just give it a try, through the terminal longhand, IF I decide to keep it and not return it to COSTCO.

4. marvin02

marvin02 Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Visio VTAB1008
    New devices sometimes take a bit to get the Market fingerprint/ID sorted out. I noticed the lack of the IMDB app. Most apes I have tried have worked well.

5. SEMIJim

SEMIJim Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Vizio VTAB1008, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    *shrug* Had mine since a week ago today. Took it on a road trip last Thursday and Friday. Took it over to a friend's place Sunday. It does what I need it to do, and does it well enough for my purposes. Happy enough with it that, on the way over to our friends' place, Sunday, stopped by Costco and my wife bought herself one, and we picked up the "accessory pack" (leather case, stereo headphones + mic and stylus) for each.

I think we're probably keepin' 'em :)

Jim