Archos 70 or iPod Touch?

ITweijie

Sep 2, 2011
I need a tablet or something can use to watch videos, play game, surf the net.Which device should I get?

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
OK, A few questions for you. It is not a fruit to fruit comparison. What type of freedom do you want in access and control to your device? Why are you looking at a Gen 8 Archos device when Gen 9 Archos devices are just around the corner? As well...
1. What type of videos are you wanting to watch? Flash, You-Tube, Local/Personal, Streaming...?
2. What Games are you wanting to play? FPS, Arcade, traditional?
3. Where do you want to go on the Web?
4. How much do want to store on your device? Some of your music library, Most of your Music library, ALL of your music library?

The reason for the questions is that you need to approach each for what they can and cannot deliver. The IPad is both wondrous and a royal pain. If you are willing to be focused into one path (Apple's) It will be fine. If you want a 1 year year old and two plus generation old tablet.
I like my 101, and I am happy with Archos. There are some real good deals for the 70, but I am not sure I would get it unless I recognized the two prior detail about the current Archos 70. It will not be Honeycomb or Ice Cream Cone. It will be Froyo. But it will play vids well, It will do Flash, It will play nearly every game. and The A70/250gb can store most people's entire music library and many vids as well.

I know I did not give you a good answer, but without more detail, I cannot

The reason I am

ITweijie

Sep 2, 2011
OK, A few questions for you. It is not a fruit to fruit comparison. What type of freedom do you want in access and control to your device? Why are you looking at a Gen 8 Archos device when Gen 9 Archos devices are just around the corner? As well...1. What type of videos are you wanting to watch? Flash, You-Tube, Local/Personal, Streaming...?2. What Games are you wanting to play? FPS, Arcade, traditional?3. Where do you want to go on the Web?4. How much do want to store on your device? Some of your music library, Most of your Music library, ALL of your music library?The reason for the questions is that you need to approach each for what they can and cannot deliver. The IPad is both wondrous and a royal pain. If you are willing to be focused into one path (Apple's) It will be fine. If you want a 1 year year old and two plus generation old tablet. I like my 101, and I am happy with Archos. There are some real good deals for the 70, but I am not sure I would get it unless I recognized the two prior detail about the current Archos 70. It will not be Honeycomb or Ice Cream Cone. It will be Froyo. But it will play vids well, It will do Flash, It will play nearly every game. and The A70/250gb can store most people's entire music library and many vids as well.I know I did not give you a good answer, but without more detail, I cannotThe reason I am
I'm looking at the gen 8 tablets because I can't afford the gen 9 tablets.1) I would most probably be watching youtube videos and own videos I put into the device. Most of the formats are RMVB.2) I play all kinds of games.3) I would probably go like tablets site and go around everywhere.4) My music aren't alot. Like 1gb or 2gb of musics. Videos depends on the size.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
The Archos 70 can do all that you indicate to need. There will be another price drop of Gen8 just before and after Gen9 hits the general market. The same thing happened with the Archos 5 series. It was possible to purchase the A5/500 for half price immediately following the general release of Gen8. The Gen7.5 A5A/500 is a decent unit if willing to go with the limitations of Android 1.6.
The current sales price for the A70/250 is about $250 USD. I would bet it will drop another $25-50USD in next month. I would expect the same for the A70/8