Are you Getting A Nook Color 2? [Poll]

Will you be getting a Nook Color 2?

• I am totally getting one!

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Depends on specs/price

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Depends on rootability

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • I have a Nook Color who need anything else?

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Isnt Amazon Kindle fire a lot better??

No, at best it is exactly equal to the $50 price difference (no mic or sd card slot for example).

Yes, there are some nice tablets if you go up in price but $200 is a big difference. If cost is important you could get 2 Fires for that price or a Nook Color and a Nook Tablet. Just depends on what you want and how much you want to pay

tonyp

Nov 1, 2011
No, at best it is exactly equal to the $50 price difference (no mic or sd card slot for example).

Yes, there are some nice tablets if you go up in price but $200 is a big difference. If cost is important you could get 2 Fires for that price or a Nook Color and a Nook Tablet. Just depends on what you want and how much you want to pay

Yes, that was part of my thinking as well. I was trying to find the best fit for (in my case) the $250 or less category. With the B&N discount I got the Tablet for less.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
The first Nook Tablets have been delivered. Has it been rooted yet? Does anyone know if it has Bluetooth?

I haven't seen a report on the Nook Tablet yet, but the Fire is already rooted and a hardware tear down revealed unused bluetooth just like the Nook Color. I suspect it will be the same for the Nook Tablet. Give it a day or two and we'll know.

Dec 17, 2010
>Will you be getting a Nook Color 2?

I've had my Nook Color for about nine months now and love it. After playing around with a few 10" tablets I've decided that my next tablet will be larger than 7".
I'll probably end up with an iPad 3 if current predictions about it are correct. The source code for ICS has been released, so a jail broken iPad 3 will probably be able to dual boot iOS and CM9.