Asus Eee Pad Slider

relic74

Mar 18, 2012
I have never owned an ANDROID product, not even a smart phone. My BEAUTIFUL girlfriend bought me an ASUS Slider SL101 32G, with 32G micro SD. It doesn't come with a tutorial video, or even an operator's manual. I had to request a downloadable one from ASUS, but that was so basic that it doesn't even tell you where the "delete" key is hidden. I did discover the delete key, but I don't have time to ferret out all the secrets of how to use this machine - I need to be taught how to use it, by a good guide. It seems to be a really great machine, probably the best tablet on the market, (per general review concensus) but it is a waste if I can't operate it. Seriously, I had to also "discover" that by dragging my finger across the glass, I could change screens. A non-pilot, given a state-of-the-art, 6 passenger, $7MIL LEAR jet will never get that bird off the ground. That's me. Nice gift, but...
Suggestions, anyone?

Wow aren't we the lost puppy, no I'm sorry that was rude. Ask your self what you want to do with this wonderful gift. If surfing is your only goal, then I suggest installing Opera as you main browser as it's the best right now. If watching movies is your goal then defiantly install MX Video Player along with the needed plugin codec arm v7. Then head over to icefilms.info to get some well deserved content.

The Asus Slider is a wonderful little machine and you have a very intelligent and nice friend to buy you one. The things you can do with the Asus Slider are to numerous to list in this post but if you can give me a hint of what you would like to do with it I can point you in the right direction.

As far as learning how to use the machine well common sense is your best friend, if you have ever used a computer before then you pretty much no how to use your Slider. You need to just play with it, don't be scared you can't break it, touch everything, touch everything you can get your hands on. A manual will not be able to help you, use Google if you have any questions.

JimReid

Mar 1, 2012
Just thought I'd drop in here with another note. The Asus Eee Pad Slider with Honeycomb is a great machine. I got mine a couple months ago but found that most of the rooting software out there didn't work. I have since found that my version is a newer version and 4zroot, RazorClaw and others didn't work to root it. There is a method out there and I have it on this website of how to do it and for what version. So if you are having problems rooting your Slider please look for 'Rooting your Slider' and you should find the post.

For some of the newbees (as I am) the slider is a great machine. I have got mine rooted and I have WIFI hot spot on my android phone and run to the web through my phone. Virgin Mobile is my phone ISP and I got a great deal for $25/mo I get 350 minutes and unlimited text and data. I think they have raised it to $35/mo now but still a good dead.

I have Documents to Go so I can read any Word, Excel type of documents sent via email easily. I have both Comcast email and Google email in a combination inbox so I can read both. And I sync my contacts between my windows notebook, google and my androids (via google) so all my toys have the same information.

I also downloaded a video player and have watched movies on the slider very easily. And there is an app for NetFlix if you interested.

Really a great machine.

Hope this helps some who are wondering what they can do with theirs.

dleewc

May 5, 2012
@armyveteran22, which printer app did you install? you could save me the time reviewing hundreds of choices out there. thanks

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
@armyveteran22, which printer app did you install? you could save me the time reviewing hundreds of choices out there. thanks

I use PrinterShare. It cost $12, but it works great for me. You can also use CloudPrint to use Google Could Print services, or PrintBot to print directly to most WiFi printers. You can also check out your printer OEM as many of them have printer apps for their printers.