Asus-Made Next-Gen Google Nexus 10 Tablet May Be Coming Soon

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
Google-Asus-Nexus-10-coming-soon.jpg

It seems likely that Google will announce Android 4.4 KitKat sometime soon, and possibly even this month. For the most part we expect them to launch it at the same time as the LG Nexus 5 which has been rumored for months. That doesn't mean that will be the only thing Google announces at that time. We have also heard a few rumors about an Asus-made Google Nexus 10 tablet coming, although intel for that has been quiet... until today. Supposedly the newest rumor is that the next Nexus 10 device will indeed be made by Asus instead of Samsung, and that it is due to come soon.

A screenshot of an Asus Nexus 10 tablet from Google in a retailer database was just leaked yesterday. We can share no other info other than the Tweet above, but we will keep our ears to the ground.

Source: @evleaks

edap

Dec 12, 2012
The reason that we want a new Nexus 10 is that, while there are some great 10-inch Android tablets available, none of them offer a pure Google experience. Updates are slow and in some cases are covered with a custom UI, something that many of us don’t want. Do us a favor, Google, hurry up and release a new Nexus 10.

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
This tab must be released soon to hit the holiday buying season. Nexus devices are the benchmark for android tablets. Should be interesting to see how it stacks up against the ipad air. Nexus 5 released last week, can the 10 be far behind ?

Is the switch to LG confirmed ?

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Anyone, but Asus or Samsung. Hope that it's LG. Last year’s Nexus 10 had potential but was marred by some flaws. For example, the 2560×1600 display was great looking, but the hardware and software couldn’t quite keep up with it. The software just felt jittery and would frequently stutter while the hardware tried to push all of those pixels around.
Those of us who are looking for a 10-inch Nexus tablet are kind of stuck at the moment. Rumors about a new Nexus 10 that may be coming soon have been floating around , but so far we’ve yet to see anything official. A Google executive did state back in July that a new Nexus 10 was going to be released, but we’re still waiting to see anything come of that statement.

Angus66

Oct 17, 2011
Still waiting (not patiently)) for a new Nexus 10. Don't really care who builds it at this point - I just want to know that is actually being made.

Only then can I decide if it's the device for me or not....

edap

Dec 12, 2012
For the last day or so, leaks to the press have seen Google confirm the release date of the Google Nexus 10 2 for Black Friday, just in time for the sales. More than that, the internet giant has also confirmed that its original Nexus 10 will be reduced in price on that day.

Angus66

Oct 17, 2011
For the last day or so, leaks to the press have seen Google confirm the release date of the Google Nexus 10 2 for Black Friday, just in time for the sales. More than that, the internet giant has also confirmed that its original Nexus 10 will be reduced in price on that day.

I'd really like to believe this but..….... Every other rumour like this has turned out to be false.

I sincerely doubt we'll see a new Nexus 10 this year. :(

Of course I'd love to be wrong. :)

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I'd really like to believe this but..….... Every other rumour like this has turned out to be false.

I sincerely doubt we'll see a new Nexus 10 this year. :(

Of course I'd love to be wrong. :)

Are you going to buy one? or just would like a confirmed release date. I haven't talked to anyone that would buy one on black Friday, most people are going after the 7 an 8 inch models, 10 inch just doesn't attract that many people. I would like a good 9 inch myself just looking whats available on Friday.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Still waiting (not patiently)) for a new Nexus 10. Don't really care who builds it at this point.

There’s no doubt that all of these three manufacturers - Asus, Samsung and LG, are more than capable of building great devices, but companies like Sony, Lenovo, Toshiba, Acer and Huawei are also at the top of their games and should have a chance to partner with Google on a Nexus device.

Angus66

Oct 17, 2011
Are you going to buy one? or just would like a confirmed release date. I haven't talked to anyone that would buy one on black Friday, most people are going after the 7 an 8 inch models, 10 inch just doesn't attract that many people. I would like a good 9 inch myself just looking whats available on Friday.

I'll consider buying one if the performance, price and user experience bests the Asus TF701T and the 2014 Galaxy Note.

I actually prefer the 10" size over the smaller 7" slates. Even though I have a Nexus 7 FHD, I prefer the Nexus 10 for all but a few tasks.