ASUS MeMO 7HD / Android questions

Discussion in 'Asus MeMO Pad Forum' started by TickledBlue, Oct 10, 2013.

1. TickledBlue

TickledBlue Member

Hi, just got this gem yesterday and am new to Android, tablets, smart-phones etc. Coming from Windows it looks to be a steep learning curve initially.

Problems I have so far.
    1:
    I want to use Firefox as the default browser but I do not get an option to set it. I have searched the "Setup" section on the tablet to no avail.

2:
    I have logged into the Play Store and would now like to Logout from it. I do not like leaving anything logged in, in case the tablet is lost or stolen.

Thinking I could logout via my GMail account I went to that but I am not auto logged in so it must be a separate thing for the Play Store.

I did some searching online but got about a zillion hits and so far nothing is helping. Not sure if it is an Android thing or a MeMO thing.

Is this the best forum section for the these questions? Or, is there a specific one for the 7-HD?

Thanks for your patience. :)

2. Spider

Spider Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    NOOK Tablet Stock NOOKcolor Rooted/Flashed Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB Stock
    Tap/Left Click your Name/Avatar at the top of a Play Store page. You should get a drop down menu that allows you to "Sign Out".

3. TickledBlue

TickledBlue Member

Thanks, but there is no name upp there. I tapped the three dots on the right and I get "Settings" and in there an opion "Account" shows the account I am logged in with. It gives me an option to change accounts but not log out of any.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Spider

Spider Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    NOOK Tablet Stock NOOKcolor Rooted/Flashed Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB Stock
    Sorry, I guess you have to go there with a computer to see your name on the top line. It didn't work on my tablet either.:(

However, when you enter the three dots "Settings", go to "User Controls" and check the box that says "Password". AFAIK that will make it necessary for anyone trying to buy anything to enter a password in order to do so. Most people use it to keep their kids from making In-App Purchases, but it should do the job for you as well.:cool:

5. Frederuco

Frederuco Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    ASUS TF101
    To log out of your Google account, go to Settings - Accounts - Google - Tap the name (so you see the sync settings) and then tap the menu key and remove the account.

This is really the only way to log out of the Play Store (and all other Google Apps).

[​IMG]

Also, regarding default apps, go to Settings - Apps - All - Browser - Clear Defaults. Replace Browser with whatever the default app that is opening your links.

Once you clear it the next time you open a link it will ask you which browser to use. You can select the Always option if you want to make it permanent.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  6. TickledBlue

TickledBlue Member

Frederuco, wow, thanks for going to so much trouble. Very much appreciated.