Asus tablet TF 300

phbeardog

Jun 30, 2012
i just got generic USB keyboard I plugged it in through the power supply usb but it will not work. do i have to buy the
asus keyboard instead or is there a setting i am missing, or a different connection i need?

Last edited:

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
The USB cable included only offers USB Slave support. That means that it can be used to access the TF300 as a device on a device with a USB Host port (like a PC).

You need to get either the Keyboard dock or the USB adapter kit from Asus that gives you a USB Host port.

Let me find a link for it.

Moved to the Asus TF300 Forum forum.

Last edited:

Franquito

Dec 4, 2012
Hi, I'm new in this forum and also with the TF300. About the USB adapter: can i use a female-female usb adapter to connect a pendrive to the tablet?
besides, is ther any adapter with usb and SD card reader holes?
Thanks in advance

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Hi, I'm new in this forum and also with the TF300. About the USB adapter: can i use a female-female usb adapter to connect a pendrive to the tablet?
besides, is ther any adapter with usb and SD card reader holes?
Thanks in advance

Using the adapter Frederuco point out would work, your female - female solution won't. Your other option is to get the keyboard dock. That would also let you use a card reader. But you get a standard SD card reader with the dock as well.