ASUS TF Prime 201 won't recognize attached keyboard

BabaGo

Jun 13, 2012
At first the keyboard worked, but when I had to send the tablet in for overheating in the batteries, it came back cool enough but not recognizing the separate keyboard. When I must input, it opens the internal keyboard.

Am I overlooking some setting? I've tried every combination that I can think of.
It doesn't matter if I am plugged in to 110 power supply, or just running on battery. I also note that there is no battery indicator for the separate keyboard any more. Should I open up the keyboard to see if it has a battery or am I not supposed to do that?
Thanks
BabaGo

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Pretty strange. I wouldn't open it up but you might try a cold boot while the keyboard is attached. Do 6you see a light on the keyboard when the charger is plugged into it?

BabaGo

Jun 13, 2012
Pretty strange. I wouldn't open it up but you might try a cold boot while the keyboard is attached. Do 6you see a light on the keyboard when the charger is plugged into it?

1, Do you see a light on the keyboard...
Yes, there is a blinking orange light while it is charging. It turns to a steady green light. It is located beside the power connection on the keyboard. The tiny steady light is beside the on-off switch on the tablet itself.

2. Won't open it. What is a "cold boot?" It's been off since midnight last night, power totally off. It is charging now.

3. Is there a link to a manual for this tablet?

Thanks.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
1, Do you see a light on the keyboard...
Yes, there is a blinking orange light while it is charging. It turns to a steady green light. It is located beside the power connection on the keyboard. The tiny steady light is beside the on-off switch on the tablet itself.

2. Won't open it. What is a "cold boot?" It's been off since midnight last night, power totally off. It is charging now.

3. Is there a link to a manual for this tablet?

Thanks.

Cold boot:
This should be done while the tablet is charged but with the charger disconnected.
If the TF is off, hold the volume key in the down position then also hold the power button until you see some white text upper left then release both buttons. Do not touch anything until it boots. At some point you will see several icons on the screen if you did it worked correctly. Ignore them.

Link to the TF201 ASUS page which also has the manual.