Augen Gentouch: $149.99 at K-Mart & SEARS

cproth

Jul 26, 2010
It says that in the manual...but I don't have a Orientation option under sound and display. :(

I purchased 2 yesterday. One for me and the other to sell :) Hopefully. The fact of the matter is that it's only going to be fast and stable enough to run ATK and an ebook program. That is until we get an amazing hack. Android 2.1 OS is on board but it is NOT the Android 2.1 we've all grown to love on our phones. It's slow unstable and all around unresponsive I got the device to hack...and maybe curl up with a story. Expect nothing more...because you'll get less. I have transferred my apks from my MyTouch Slide - they work just slower....painfully slower. Sure hope someone buys this 2nd one.

gmurphy

Jul 30, 2010
Hi all,
went to the local KMart. gentouch in stock. had it in my hands messed around with it. took awhile to boot. i then realized it was an open box device. i also found it had superuser permissions and root. which one of you is it? vernon, ct. kmart.......i was about to purchase and the sales jockey said it was $169.00 whaaaat....everything i have read has been $149.00 so i walked away. the additional $20 pushed me over the edge. so if someone wants a open box gentouch for $169 vernon, ct kmart has it.

gmurphy

Jul 30, 2010
thats what im saying! now that we all have interest in this tablet they are going to be pigs about it. to boot the manager was kind of a knuckle head and did not want to hear about the open box and also stated that the price is $169 and the sale ended sunday for the $149.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
It's actually $169. We thought it was regular price. $149 is a promotion price.

Aug 4, 2010
I have a Eken M001 and a Moonse e 7001. I may buy this one also. It looks great! I called Asus and Gateway and
no news on when they plan a pad. Asus has one but nothing on its release but priced against this they can't go to
high no matter what there specs are. Even at $169.00 its not too bad compared to a iPad. I'm also a Apple fan
but I couldn't see a $500.00 investment and while the iPad may be 'better' this has the Android marketplace. A
16 gb can be bought for less then $40.00. So this would come in at just over $225.00 with tax.

My Moonse aka apad web speed is pretty good vs. the iPad. While it is smaller the iPad is a bit awkward to hold.
Kmart will sell these like hotcakes!

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Rain check are only good for customers who are able to find these in the local Super-K or Big K stores seem to have them. I was able to find one by accident. The store manager had said they had receive 5 last Thursday and didn't know where they were? The electronic clerk was off the week of the mob rush. I was telling him about it but he wanted to see the sale ad for that week. So it gone into the waste paper basket to pull it out. Next he had bend down under the display cabinet and open the door and pull one out. I was so shocked! This one rang up as $169.99. But I had my rain check from my state Big K store. They accepted it and that's how I got mine this past Sunday. I had taken a risk and drop about 20 miles total trip to a new area which had the store located at. I think with firmware update this unit can do 32GB microSDHC. I only got 4GB microSDHC and 8GB microSDHC I use in a smart phone. 4GB microSDHC video review by me here:

Full review about this model Gentouch 78 here: http://tipstir.the-talk.net/hardware-reviews-f1/augen-gentouch-78-work-in-progress-t142.htm

I also go the EKEN M002 Plus on order coming from Singapore should be here in 2 weeks That one has mic/web cam.

Last edited by a moderator:

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
The video hands-on review is based on my experience using it that's all. I still have doubts about keeping it though? Because just a while ago the unit didn't turn back on. It had gone to sleep about it won't turn on even after pressing the power button. Now this brand spanking new hot gear items should be like this but kinda makes you wonder what's going to happen next. Taking out the microSDHC was a real pain just can't push it in then it should pop out. It doesn't. I had to use a micro knife to ease it out. Well I wanted to wipe out any code left in the unit. Using a paper clip I had did the 30-30-30 power on reset, power off reset and power on reset. The unit came back on! Go figure!

vikam

Aug 2, 2010
This Tablet is horrible, i purchased this tablet and Market didnt work, it would not allow you to go back to factory reset, you had to push hard on the screen for the apps to start up and you almost had to use the stylus for anything to anywhere close to snappy.........it was a horrible buy and i brought it back for the money back.