Average App Size?

Nov 6, 2011
I am still deciding on the Vizio. I know that it has now been rooted and can overcome the internal/external SD card limitations, but I am not sure that I want to do that right away. What is the average size of an Android app? How many apps could a Vizio hold as it stands from the company - and not rooted to use the external SD card?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

robop

Dec 6, 2010
Your best bet would be to go to android market and take a look around at app's you are thinking about because app's very in size from just a couple of mb (games) to sevral hundred mb (nav programs with downloadable maps)

Tcsviz77

Sep 3, 2011
B4 rooting my VTAB1008 I had 75 apps on it with a small amt of room left. Not sure of the exact size of ech app, however as the prev person stated just have a look see on the market and see what youd like to put on the tablet and go from there. But I think u will be very Happy with the vtab once u have it in ur hands. I thought it was a great tablet b4 the rooting and after, well lets just say its a hell of alot better. But anyways have fun with your decision. If ya got anymore? Just look on the forum or post it.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
I am still deciding on the Vizio. I know that it has now been rooted and can overcome the internal/external SD card limitations, but I am not sure that I want to do that right away. What is the average size of an Android app? How many apps could a Vizio hold as it stands from the company - and not rooted to use the external SD card?

Here is a post I made in another thread that gives some details on what apps were on the VTAB prior to rooting.

Maine_Coon

Nov 19, 2011
Somethin like Copilot with the US map will take 1.5GB or so.
But why do you need the entire US map, unless you drive interstate all the time?
I put US map on the external and only my state map on the "internal" SD.
I have a LOT of space after installing about 30 different apps, including Sling and Vulkano clients, Dolphin browser
etc.
I don't know what I would need to install to run out of space. Most Android apps don't take more than a few MBs.

Jun 29, 2011

I've got 127 on my Galaxy Tab using 1.9gb total. Some kids books are as large as 30mb whereas most for settings and such are well under a mb

Support Our Troops!!!

Sent from this Galaxy via Tapatalk