Battery level not stable...help

jbaerbock

Jan 3, 2012
Just took my kyros 7127 off the charger when it was at 90%. Within a minute it was down to 70 then 60 percent. Is this just a software misread of the true charge? If so what can i do about it? Have rooted it but no custom ROM or anything on it.

Sent from my MID7127 using Android Tablet Forum

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
try turning it off and giving it a good full charge and then see if it does the same thing

jbaerbock

Jan 3, 2012
Will do that and report back what/if anything happens.

jbaerbock

Jan 3, 2012
Seems it works fine after that. But why would it be so off and is there a way to make it more accurate in the future?

jbaerbock

Jan 3, 2012
I take that back...it dropped ten percent while typing that last part and now stabilized wth?

jbaerbock

Jan 3, 2012
And now jumping up and down against ugg...

jbaerbock

Jan 3, 2012
Completed factory reset and works a little better but still fluctuates. I take it nobody has any ideas?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Fully discharge the tablet (use it normally until it turns off, then leave it this way overnight if possible to fully discharge it) then charge it again non-stop a few times and it should be calibrated. Reseting or reinstalling firmware will require this again because the battery usage logs will be gone so the system will need to "work out" battery a few times to display the correct remaining time.

It's also recommended that you recalibrate at least once in a couple of months, specially if you use the tablet mostly on ac.

jbaerbock

Jan 3, 2012
Still a little random but seems to better than it was thanks.