before i order please help me confirm

Dec 28, 2011
I wanted to find out if i can add the android market with this product without rooting the device???

I wanted to ask if i can possibly root this device and with what roms are out there please links if any and video if any thanks alot...

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
Pandigital makes a lot of ereaders based on Android. We need to know which one you're looking at buying.

Sent from my DROIDX running MIUI

Dec 28, 2011
Pandigital makes a lot of ereaders based on Android. We need to know which one you're looking at buying.

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/cro...digital+7in+Multimedia+Tablet+and+eReader.jsp

This Pandigital multimedia tablet and eReader fits your lifestyle. Its compact size and touch-screen control offer convenience. Plus, its diverse design lets you do anything from browsing the Internet to watching videos.

• LCD touch-screen display with 600 x 800 resolution makes navigating easy.
  • WiFi and Hi-Speed USB 2.0 connectivity provide simple downloading.
  • Online accessibility lets you download more than 2 million books, magazines and newspapers.
  • Android operating system gives you access to special features and apps.
  • Headphone jack allows you to listen to music and audio books in private, while the built-in speaker lets you listen aloud.
  • Full virtual keyboard, volume up and down, and power on and off functions enhance your experience.
  • Internal memory has 2GB and the SDHC card slot expands memory up to 32GB.
  • Rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides lasting use.
  • Details:
    • Includes: stylus, AC adapter, USB cable & cradle/stand
    • 7.2"H x 5.2"W x 0.5"D
    • Screen: 7 inches
    • Manufacturer's 1-year limited warranty
    • Model no. R70E200

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
That model runs android 1.5. It isn't upgradeable. I wouldn't buy it. See SlateDroid's Wiki about hacking the original two Pandigital Novel models. The "black" model, which comes in other colors than just black now, is notoriously a pain and not very hackable. The "white", which is also now available in other colors, is a pretty capable little model, ideal for hacking into a functional tablet and handing it off to the kiddos without fear that they'll ruin the $600 iPad or Xoom.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2011
That model runs android 1.5. It isn't upgradeable. I wouldn't buy it. See SlateDroid's Wiki about hacking the original two Pandigital Novel models. The "black" model, which comes in other colors than just black now, is notoriously a pain and not very hackable. The "white", which is also now available in other colors, is a pretty capable little model, ideal for hacking into a functional tablet and handing it off to the kiddos without fear that they'll ruin the $600 iPad or Xoom.

sorry i meant this tablet...Technical Specifications:[/LEFT]
  • 800MHz PAN8006 Cortex processor with 3D GPU
  • 256MB DRAM of system memory and 2GB on-board storage memory with microSD card slot for expansion
  • 7.0" ActiveTouch Resistive digital TFT LCD Color Touchscreen @800x480 resolution with virtual keyboard
  • Built-in 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi
Additional Features:
  • Front VGA camera
  • Mini-USB 2.0 port, micro-HDMI out
  • 2GB on-board storage memory, additional memory via microSD card slot up to 32GB
  • Orientation sensor, 2-axis accelerometer, ambient light sensor
  • Rechargeable lithium-ion 3400mAh battery
  • Weighs 12.8 oz; 7.9" x 0.5" x 4.75" dimensions
Software and Applications:
  • Android 2.2 OS (Froyo)
  • Barnes & Noboles eStore & eBook App
  • Dictionary, Highlight, Notes, Bookmark & More
  • Android market (for applications download)
  • Media Formats: PDF, EPUB, MP3, WAV, AAC, MPEG-4, FLV, DOC, DOCX, TXT, XLS, XLSX, CSU, PPT, PPTX
What's in the Box:
  • Tablet and AC adapter
]Walmart.com: Pandigital Star 7" Color Touchscreen Tablet PC & eBook Reader Featuring Android 2.2 (Froyo) Operating System, Barnes and Noble eStore, HDMI Out & Front Camera: Computers

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
That one won't support flash or Netflix. It'd be a pass to me, but those might not be too important to you.

Dec 28, 2011

would this do? Pandigital Novel 7" Color Multimedia eReader (White) | P. C. Richard & Sonny guids on this is this the right place for this tablet?

jbrink

Dec 30, 2011
I'm not sure exactly how to do this. I'm pretty good with a computer and stuff but cant find anything straight forward on if this is possible and how to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BobLap111

Jan 1, 2012
I have the Pandigital Novel 7 and its a pain to work with. Tech support from Pandigital is slow, took 3 weeks to answer a support question.

This is my first Android anything and I got it to see how good/bad android is before buying a new phone. So far not liking the system too much but that may be Pandigital's fault.

I performed the firmware upgrade to the latest version of Android that Pandigital supplied for this device and now most of the apps won't work, I get a message that the apps aren't loaded on the "phone". When I try to go to B&N to try to reload their app the device says the site isn't available try again later. I tried going to the Android store and can't get any apps to download because the "phone" isn't registered.

It's probably me and my lack of Android experience but I never had trouble like this with other devices and software.

UPDATE: Went thru the entire upgrade process a second time and this time the apps on the device are working. I've heard of updates that required two complete installs and I guess this is one of them.

Last edited: