Best 7 inch tablet PC in where? how to choose?

sheep5161

Feb 28, 2011
Vendors are NOT permitted to reply in this thread
I hope is capacitive, CPU high, Android 2.3,can support FLASH10.2 and
3G, the price is in about USD200?Who can give me some
advice?thanks!
Help each other, and help yourself !

Last edited:

beastman

May 8, 2011
What carrier do you want 3g for? Spring has 4h tablets. Dog our want a contract for your tablet? I don't know what any cost. I didn't want a contract so got wifi only.

Sent from my GTablet running Cyanogenmod nightly using Android Tablet Forum

beastman

May 8, 2011
I agggree with you. I enjoy watching Netflix on my 10 inch GTablet. The 7 inch is just a little bigger than my 4.3 inch phone, while the 10th inch is really bigger.

If you want to see the different sizes to to Office Depot.

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

beastman

May 8, 2011
You said you wanted 3g, which requires a carrier hut have not said wistfully carrier. If you don't care, say so and someone might help.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Foru. um

mmar141

Mar 23, 2011
I saw this posted by one of the Nook Mods today. A refurbished Nook Color from Overstock will give you an excellent 7 in capacitive screen, 800mhz CPU(which over clocks to 1.3), runs Gingerbread(running CM7 so it runs flash 10.2, bluetooth, Hulu/Hulu+, netflix etc). All for the price of 180 (using the discount code on overstock). The only downside is you don't have 3G, but if you have a phone like I do, you can just use a tethering option.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...noble-wifi-refurbished-180-2-95-shipping.html

My Nook Color is easily the best device I've purchased in the last couple of years. Zero complaints. Super easy to root, runs stable, runs smooth, half the cost of Galaxy Tab and Ipad with the similiar performance.

Last edited:

coze

May 3, 2011
hey, actually I'm looking for a similar device, though I have an 8' APAD, which is great, I realised I like reading on my Desire HD more, which has a superior screen quality.

So, what I'm looking for is a portable reader,

A - 5' - 7' capacitative screen,
thin,
At least 800 MHz processor, 512 mb RAM,
Wifi ok (3g not necessary),
Market and Google services compatible, (GPS or camera not necessary)
preferably 2.3 gingerbread, 2.2 froyo is acceptable.

well, this all points me toward the nook color, but seeing it's been around for sometime, I wonder if there are any alternatives ?
I would really like an Amoled or Retina like screen.
The upcoming Samsung 8.9 GT sounds sexy, but AFAIK it won't have amoled ? and it's little bit bulky to take around ...

I can fork out 300-400 for this device ...

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I'd also recommend the Nook Color. It's a great tablet and there's a lot of support in the forum for it.

morrighu

Jun 3, 2011
The phone plans are VASTLY different from the tablet plans and the overage and roaming charges can be outrageous. Make sure you know what you're buying when you sign up with a carrier. If mobile usage is that important to you, I'd let the carrier selection drive your device selection. It will end up being a lot cheaper.

If you're going to use a lot of data, make sure that you pick a carrier that can accommodate your data usage at a rate you can afford. Sync your email while out of town? OUCH! Forget and leave Pandora running while you drive to a conference 4 hours away? Bigger OUCH!

While I get unlimited data to my smart phone from Sprint I can't do that with a tablet. You have to purchase a capped plan and they have overage charges - much like going over your minutes. Sprint, for example, is 25 cents per MB that you go over. ATT is $15 for every 250MB. None of the major carriers are offering an unlimited data plan.

How much data do you need? Well, let me tell you about my personal usage. I'm on WiFi at work and at home. It's only when I'm out and about or commuting that I'm on the cellular connection. I'm not a big Pandora user. I don't stream much music. I have a well-stock iPod for that. I don't watch a lot of videos. I don't play games over the network. I do get a lot of email. I read a lot so I download books and PDF's. I do surf a bit and I use my phone as a GPS when I get lost. All of that adds up to about 15GB of data a month. Am I typical? Probably not so much - yet. All of the studies indicate that the rest of you will catch up to me in next 2 years at most - which is the same amount of time that most carriers force you contract for.

cici

Sep 24, 2011
why not buy this one?its cheap and high CPU.1.2GHz+512MB+4GB+WIFI+3G+1080p+Sub Camera
Buy 7 inch Capacitive tablet pc, 7 inch s5pv210, HDMI TABLET PC, 7 inch s5pv210 Capacitive tablet pc HDMI mid ARM Cortex A8 for samsung android 2.2 1.2GHz+512MB+4GB+WIFI+3G+1080p+Sub Camera at **************