Bluetooth Keyboard

dlucero7

Sep 26, 2011
I've read small tidbits about this topic in some other threads, but nothing seems to have been decided on this yet.

Has anyone had success using a bluetooth keyboard with this unit? Or is this something that we are going to have to wait till we hit Android 3.0+?

Thanks for any help you may have to offer

dlucero7

Sep 26, 2011
I actually have stumbled upon that page and it says that it was due to the OS. All of the keyboards that I have seen require 3.0+ OS, so maybe that is it.

Is this something that anyone thinks we can get working once we get this monster rooted?

sora72

Aug 22, 2011
The only one I have seen that doesn't require 3.0 is the Motorola keyboard. It was released for the Moto Droid line of phones, which run 2.2 and 2.3 (mostly). I may pick one up this weekend. If it really doesn't work, my wife and I can still use it for our Droid X and Droid X2 phones. I'll post the results once I find out.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

sora72

Aug 22, 2011
I picked up the Motorola keyboard today. Good news and bad news.

Good #1: It says it works on both 3.0+ AND 2.2/2.3 devices.

Good #2: It paired/connected and worked perfect with my Droid X running GB 2.3.

Bad: It paired with the vtab but would never actually connect to a usable state.

Not sure what else to do at the moment.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

dlucero7

Sep 26, 2011
That's too bad that it did not work. I guess that gives hope that if this device is successfully rooted then maybe a whole heck of a lot smarter than I can figure out how to get it to work.