Bricked Coby MID 9042-8 - ROM Needed

pkloop

Sep 28, 2012
Thanks, like an idiot I tried installing Steev's 7042 ROM with Google play on the 9042. Brick. Does anyone know where I can get a working ROM to run through LiveSuite? What occurs is the screen flickers and it won't boot up. I'm guessing this is due to the screen having a different resolution. of course I wasn't smart enough to back up etc..

Can anyone help?

PS: Thanks to all you guys out there doing these roots..my other daughter has a 7042 and Steev's root works awesome!

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Without a dump of the 9042's files, there's no way to create a ROM image, whether it be the stock ROM or a deodexed version with Google Play.

While highly unlikely you'll get anywhere, you may want to try getting a hold of Coby and see if they can help you out.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Thanks, like an idiot I tried installing Steev's 7042 ROM with Google play on the 9042. Brick. Does anyone know where I can get a working ROM to run through LiveSuite? What occurs is the screen flickers and it won't boot up. I'm guessing this is due to the screen having a different resolution. of course I wasn't smart enough to back up etc..

Can anyone help?

PS: Thanks to all you guys out there doing these roots..my other daughter has a 7042 and Steev's root works awesome!

Nothing can be done unless someone uploads a dump for this version.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I have sent you a pm, read the pm and reply back, I am going out will be back later today, I do have the livesuite image for your device As well as several other Coby 3 gen tablets.

pkloop

Sep 28, 2012
Thank you vampire :)

Does anybody know how to get play store on this thing?

manusilvestre

Sep 20, 2012

I think that Traveller1701 is working on this right now.

Edit:
Ups I think I have made a mistake, because Traveller1701 does not said explicitly that he is working on this.
He only said that have a post to update but my bad english makes me understand all wrong.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011

well seeing you are posting dumps, you are already rooted, you can't dump a non rooted android.

Ok I just looked at your dump, you are clearly rooted, and your dump is perfect, permissions intact, so you clearly know how to create a restore able dump.

Last edited:

svtart

Oct 8, 2012
Seeing a few more users now have this tablet, I might make a recovery for it from there you can install gapps, and playstore.

that would be awesome. I managed to get this thing rooted but can't find a Clockwork mod for it so I can install gapps. any help would be appreciated.