Bricked Tablets

lorenii

May 2, 2011
PLEASE do not just throw it in a drawer or trash can!!!

If you have a tablet that is bricked, post it on here and I am positive we can help you make some of your money back! There is going to be a need for screens,cases, power adaptors and styli since there are no replacement parts on the market and we can't determine the true manufacturer.

If you have a tiny screwdriver and some patience, you could part yours out for a few bucks and recover some from your loss.

just a thought.

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
I would buy a screen and a battery with out a problem. "Just in case" ya know?

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
Leave one screen and battery to me too, just i case

Sent from my Sytabex7 Tablet

lorenii

May 2, 2011
They refurb these tablets. You might try to contact DigitalGadgets and see if you could get a "credit" towards getting another unit.

fan80

Sep 8, 2011
maybe someone can help me, bricked sylvania synet7lp, black screen,micro sd card boot and otg to pc nothing, no reset action.
what to do now? can fix?

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
you should try to install again the proper os back to the tab, I bricked one tab before, but I had luck, cvs took it back and gave me a new one

Sent from my Sytabex7 Tablet using android forum

fan80

Sep 8, 2011
so ... otg to pc connection not working, to me left only one way, to try use manually update SYNET7LP to Android 2.2 "Froyo" using a microSD card?

lorenii

May 2, 2011
has anyone tried something like this on their bricked tablet???

How To – G-Tablet Recover From a Brick – droidpirate.com
This tutorial will explain how to recover your ViewSonic 10.1″ Gtablet from any type of brick you encounter! I bricked my device four different ways and I was able to recover everytime! (Updated 4/8/2011)
*** PLEASE NOTE – This will restore your entire G-Tablet device back to the way you purchased it with the ugly Stock Home Launcher and all the applications, so you will have to RE-Flash TNT-Lite, however your root access should still be installed. ***
What You Will Need:
Micro-SD Card
Be able to access your Micro-SD Storage
Step 1. Our restore file can be downloaded below.
Please note that this is a zip file you need to have WinZip, WinRAR or 7Zip to extract the (2) files that you need out of the zip file. You will notice that inside the zip file there is a “Recovery” folder and a “update” file.
Step 2. Plug in your Micro-SD Card into your computer, you can do this through your printer, or if you have a Micro-SD hub, or if you have another Android device such as a phone you can place your spare Micro-SD card as long as you can access it from your computer.
Step 3. Format the Micro-SD card or delete everything off it, make sure though if you have important documents or pictures that you back everything up.
Step 4. Copy the (2) files “Recovery folder” and “update” file to the ROOT of your Micro-SD card.
Step 5. Make sure you G-Tablet is completely powered of and disconnected from your Computer.
Step 6. Remove your Micro-SD card from your computer, printer, or device however you accessed it. Now place it into your ViewSonic 10.1 G-Tablet – You should see a little tab that you have to pull open and make sure it clicks into place.
Step 7. Press and Hold the “Volume Up” button, and hold the “Power On” button until you see text at the top of the ViewSonic boot animation that says “Found recovery image“, once you see that message you can let go of both of them.
Step 8. You should know see it is installing an update package – Good you are on the right track. Your G-Tablet should reboot and you should now notice a normal bootup sequence.
You may have to do a “Factory Reset” under the settings menu. You can access this by:
Menu -> Settings -> Location & Security -> Factory Reset

I know there is not a "volume up" button on the 7" tab, but there might be another button to push, like reset or touch screen....something.

Halfabrain

Dec 20, 2011
I'd like to try this as my SYNET7LP doesn't even power on. I tried one of the wraps (after spending considerable time reading and trying to decipher the best one) and now it will not power on. I've applied updated firmware on other tablets and thought this would be similar.

Where do I begin? The link offered above is for a paid site. Is there anything else that could help? Why would one tablet that has Android have the potential to be revived and another doesn't? I don't want it to be a parts machine as I'm trying to find an actual way of resurrecting it. Thanks in advance.

lorenii

May 2, 2011
It is a software program that you buy from them ( I am 100% NOT sure that it will even work on our tablets).

It is just an option.

I would refer to the manual update thread in the stickies and try all of them.... what have you to lose? its already bricked...