buying a micro HDMI to HDMI adapter

Jan 20, 2012
There is an adapter on ebay that I am looking at. I am still learning and am not familiar with some of the terms as of yet. It is a "hdmi-f to hdmi-m gold adapter".

Thanks all!

Blwnv8

Dec 19, 2011
I tried looking on ebay and didn't see any. How much are they? You'll prob be better off just buying a micro hdmi to hdmi cable. I think I only paid $10 for mine locally.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Blwnv8

Dec 19, 2011
I have a few issues with using an adapter like this. I assume you're trying to save a few bucks.

1. The less connections you have the better. Cheap connectors run a risk of loss of quality or it not working at all. This applies to audio/video, plumbing, running air lines. More connections can mean more chances to fail.

2. Using something like this could put more strain on the micro hdmi port on the tablet. It adds weight that can pull it down. Might be ok if the table is on the floor or the cable/adapter are fully supported. If you had it on a table with you adapter/cable hanging over the edge it could damage the hdmi port.

These ports are very delicate and easy to break. Buying the right cable the first time will save you money and a headache in the future. I'm in the telecommunications field and I've seen all kinds of issues.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum