Calibration is way off

velet

Dec 28, 2011
Hello i have recently bought this tablet

PocketDroid Christmas White - Mini Android 2.3 Tablet with 4.3 Inch Touchscreen (WiFi) (it is not available to buy but if you scroll down you can see the device)

it worked well for sometime but then screen calibration went off. it is so inaccurate that it is impossible to use the tablet and recalibrate it through settings.here are the things i have tried.

reseted the device: and did not work
held down vol up button while booting to open the recovery mode: did not work. the device turns off insted of entering recovery mode
cut the battery off and reinsert it after a whie: did not work

Are there any other ways to calibrate the screen? if there is not what can i do to save the tablet? Thanks in advance.

cal67

Aug 4, 2011
So you are saying that Settings / Touchpad Calibration did not work at all? Is there any damage to the touch screen or signs of distortion, etc.? I replaced the touch screen in my tablet, worst case scenario that might be what you have to do if it is a hardware issue.

velet

Dec 28, 2011
So you are saying that Settings / Touchpad Calibration did not work at all? Is there any damage to the touch screen or signs of distortion, etc.? I replaced the touch screen in my tablet, worst case scenario that might be what you have to do if it is a hardware issue.

no i didn't mean that. what i mean is that i can't get into menu or anything because screen i really off and only works right in a small corner. when i touch somewhere else it still senses the touch but does not register as it is off calibration.

cal67

Aug 4, 2011
Try plugging in a USB mouse to your tablet so that you can navigate into the settings / touchpad calibration menu. Maybe if you can get into it you will be able to calibrate it.

velet

Dec 28, 2011
Try plugging in a USB mouse to your tablet so that you can navigate into the settings / touchpad calibration menu. Maybe if you can get into it you will be able to calibrate it.

unfortunately that didn't work. i plug in the mouse but it just won't work. thanks, anyway.

Koolfreak

Jan 29, 2012
Do you have a solution for this? Exacly the same trouble with exactly the same device from chinavision.

Endzoid

Jan 30, 2012
Contact the seller and ask them to send the original firmware. Reflash the device. If the problem persists, send back to China.

P.S. In what store buying? If the Chinavision - please contact technical support (Live Chat - Available 24/7 !)