Calkulin+Clemsyn Froyo Combo

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Members,

Do check out this Rom + Kernel Combo from the two great Android Dev's Calkulin+Clemsyn Froyo Combo - xda-developers.

The combo is stable; Any app that I tried worked; Market works without any mod; HD video streaming with Qloud Video is smooth; Quick boot and good battery life; Quadrant score is 2,534. Painless installation following Clemsyn's instruction (Download Calkulin's Format all zip and use CWM to install it; Go to Advance, and Clear Dalvik-cache; Then install Clem_Caulkin2.zip).

The only thing that I don't know how to get working is the phone. People claimed that it works for them.

Dave

Additional note: Streaming video from a PC share is accomplished by Qloud Video and Qloud Video Server (free). Streaming video from WHS requires a bit more work. First, install CifsManager (free) and mount the share. Install UPnPlay (free) and a good video player (i.e. RockPlayer, Act 1 Player, etc . . ). Run UPnPlay, select a video, then select a video player. The result of both methods is good.

Last edited:

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
So you have to use a service, such as Fring ?
I am interested in using the built-in phone icon right on the front page. Clicking on that brings up a dialer. It let me type a phone number, but after hit dialing, it force closes. Is there something wrong with my installation or set-up ?
Don't really need to use tablet for phone call, but wish to see all are functioning.
Thanks

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
$1302522167830.jpg
Here is a screen capture.

opamp

Nov 13, 2010
To use the phone portion you need a physical 3g modem attach, no hardware to initialize that why a FC happen, using a SIP client, the software emulate the phone chips and can use use the WIFI, on Vegan 5.1 all I get is noise they took out the phone system files.