Can I root this tablet?

jb4kats

Aug 25, 2011
Not sure where to begin here but I just purchased a tablet off Ebay and its not a top brand of course and I knew this when I bought it but I purchased it for my grandaughter for christmas and I would like to root it so that she won't be disappointed that it is a generic.
It runs decent but of course you can't access the most of the top places to download apps and games the way it is.
I just want to know if there is a simple process to root this tablet. I am not familiar with rooting but I am familiar with Android as I do have a Evo 3D phone and tried to root it but I had updated it and until they update the HRoot ( I think that is what it is called) you can't root so I am waiting on that but not sure the process for rooting tablets is the same and I don't even know where to begin.
If anyone can offer any help I would greatly appreciate it.

Here is what I have:
mid m80006 android tablet | eBay

MID 80006 Android 8" Tablet PC *Silver*
2GB Flash Memory , High-performance CPU+300MHZ DSP , WM8650 CPU Processor w/ 800MHZ ,
Built-in WiFi 802.11 b / g , Android 2.2 , Built-in Speaker 8/1W , 256MB Memory RAM ,
8 inch TFT 16:9 Touchscreen , Micro Card Slot , Built-in Microphone, Built-in 3 MP Camera ,
Instant Online Communication (MSN, Skype, etc.) , Card Reader Slot Support up to 32GB ,
3G Function , 800 x 480 Resolution , Full Touchscreen , Stylus Pen Included

jb4kats

Aug 25, 2011
Zroot is temporary isn't it? It reverts back after you reboot right? I mean it isn't permanent or that is what I have been told.... Are you asking me to do this to see if it will root before I try it permanently?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Z4 has two options, one a temp root, the other a perm root

jb4kats

Aug 25, 2011
Oops!!! My virus protection blocked it, says it is a trojan..... I guess I will try and find it elsewhere but thanks for the info!!

Riphans

Sep 30, 2011
Hi..
I've got a noname 7" tablet with almost same specs as yours..
I did the it with HYBRiD_WM8650_Uberoid_v6FiNAL and it worked just fine.. it supports several different tablets
Riphans.

snapdragon

Oct 18, 2011
I've got basically the same tablet, and after reading this, I'm trying Zroot now. We'll see how it goes.