Can Not Copy Files Using Android File Transfer

SannaNatalie

Dec 20, 2012
Hey guys!

I have searched for a similar topic but could not find any. So here is my question.

Yesterday I bought a 7 inch Tablet (8GB). I bought it to watch movies when I travel.
I have a MacBook Air and have downloaded the Android file transfer and followed the instructions on YouTube.

My problem is:
I can drag and drop images from the tablet to my PC.
But I can not drag and drop videos, photos or other files to my tablet.
The program simply says: "Can not copy the files"

What should I do? :confused:

The instructions I followed:
(
).

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 24, 2013
Hi SannaNatalie, I am having exactly the same problem that you were. Did you find a solution? I appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks in advance!

Hey guys!

I have searched for a similar topic but could not find any. So here is my question.

Yesterday I bought a 7 inch Tablet (8GB). I bought it to watch movies when I travel.
I have a MacBook Air and have downloaded the Android file transfer and followed the instructions on YouTube.
Hi SannaNatalie. I am having exactly the same problem that you were. Did you find a solution? Thanks in advance.

My problem is:

(
).

Last edited by a moderator:

Greasy

Jan 11, 2013
Dunno about Macs, I use W7 or 8 depends which laptop or desktop, but on all I don't need any extra software to copy videos across from PC to Tablet. Connect them both using the USB cable, the tablet shows a screen saying "USB Connected, You have connected to your computer via USB. Touch the button below if you want to copy files between your computer and your Android's SD card', with a button to 'Turn on USB Storage'" Tap the button and wait for the computer to 'see' the tablet, which it now classes as a separate external drive, and simply drag and drop using native file explorer on the laptop ... couldn't be simpler!

To finish, tap the lower taskbar on the tablet and tap the button that says 'Turn OFF USB Storage' before pulling the cables .. simple .. ;)

Last edited:

Bennett

Apr 16, 2013
Macbook & Samsung S2
Have downloaded Android file transfer
I can transfer files from Samsung to Mac but not from Mac to Samsung.

Any ideas why?

Trying a few tests lifting music file from itunes and dropping into music folder on samsung - no luck
Trying to move word doscument from mac to samsung and dropping on download folder - no luck

Any ideas please

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum Bennett

I have a link in my signature below will take you to a page listing several utilities that allow file transfers to and from and all are browser-based. So one of those should work.

exgi

Apr 9, 2013
Give "ES File Explorer" a try, it's free on google play, and it will allow you to transfer anything you want between your tablet and yout pc remotly (wifi). good luck!

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Give "ES File Explorer" a try, it's free on google play, and it will allow you to transfer anything you want between your tablet and yout pc remotly (wifi). good luck!

I have been using that app for a long time and it absolutely amazing at everything it can do. Deals with virtually all cloud storage solutions, FTP client, audio/video player, .zip and .rar support and the list goes on and on. Really amazing app!

doublematteo

Dec 13, 2016
Hey guys!

My problem is:

(
).

Hi! Try Airmore.