Can't get rid of 1 download and problem going back to pages on internet

stevesc3

Jan 14, 2012
Hi,
I have 2 problems that I'm hoping someone can help me with.
1- I have a download that reappears every-time I wake-up or reboot the tablet. How do I permanently delete it?

2- If I'm using the Google Browser I have trouble getting back to previous pages. I hit the hard back button and it usually takes me to the History or maybe 1 or 2 previous pages and then to the History and then keeps repeating a random sequence of History, or the previous 2 or 3 pages.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Steve

Klingercrazy

Dec 7, 2011
If you are referring to the download notification (near * next to clock) you go to settings and clear the notifications cache. To do this go to home screen click settings, applications, select ALL tab, scroll down to notifications, click clear data. This clears only the notifications alerts and not any programs, downloads etc. You may need to repeat this step in the future as needed. Also you may need to also clear data in the Download Manager as well.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Klingercrazy

Dec 7, 2011
As far as history issue I recommend using the skyfire browser, it has tab browsing which helps. You can ooen a new tab and then just revert back to
other tabs as needed. This only works during current browsing session though. The history funtion on android browsers seems to be much less functional than on computers. I also suggest saving pages you like to your favorites making re-access easier.

jhig1961

Nov 27, 2011
Try deleting download from gallery, asfar as browser I had same problem and am now using Dolphin with no problems.

sora72

Aug 22, 2011
You can close the active window in the stock android browser by pressing the menu button, then press Windows. The next screen shows you a list of browser sessions you have open. You can then press the close symbol on any and all sessions. Once they are all closed, a new browser window opens. But you can then press the android Back button to close the browser app. Seems like a lot of steps, but I have gotten used to it. I also use Dolphin which let's you hold the android Back button down to close your current browser session.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

FanNo301

Oct 15, 2011
To delete an App, press on its icon, until menu appears, with an option to delete. Press the delete option and the App goes away!

sherri64

Dec 26, 2011
To delete an App, press on its icon, until menu appears, with an option to delete. Press the delete option and the App goes away!

This method just removes the app from desktop/homescreen. It does not delete the app. Which app is it? If it is something installed by carrier (bloatware), only way to completely remove it is by rooting.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

sabotank

Nov 15, 2011
for going back to the last page in browser - swipe (cant remember if left or right) and you get buttons on the side of the screen

Sechriest

Jan 12, 2012
I had the same problem none of the suggestions from the other psts worked. I eventually figured out that to get rid of those notices that refuse to go away you have to do the following:
From inside your browser, press the menu option. Then press the More option. Then press the Downloads option. Then press the Menu option againn and press the Clear All option.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Hi,
I have 2 problems that I'm hoping someone can help me with.
1- I have a download that reappears every-time I wake-up or reboot the tablet. How do I permanently delete it?

2- If I'm using the Google Browser I have trouble getting back to previous pages. I hit the hard back button and it usually takes me to the History or maybe 1 or 2 previous pages and then to the History and then keeps repeating a random sequence of History, or the previous 2 or 3 pages.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Steve

Number one. I had the same issue. These notices are also at the top of your screen. The asterisk will have a 1 or 3 or however many downloads it is displaying with the asterisk.
When you down load something from the net it basically holds the download window open until you manually close out the downloads. Press on the asterisk where the number is, this will open a menu page that shows pending/completed downloads,
there should be a arrow to the right which will expand the menu and show you what each download was. Longpress each download until a option bar is displayed, select delete and then yes or ok. Go to the next download and repeat. There may be a select all option here as well that I did not notice but this should clear the download notices from your tablet.
It was a pain for me as well until I figured out how to clear them.
Number two has me confused as the Vizio Vtab 1008 has no hard back button. Only a soft back, home, and menu button.
Not sure I have a answer for this except that maybe you are pressing the soft back button to long.
Just not sure. Have never experienced this.

Update

Just discovered that when you get to the part in red above you can long press the menu soft button on the tablet and the option to delete all is second on the side menu. I tried it and it does seem to remove all DLs permanently.

Last edited:

stevesc3

Jan 14, 2012
Thanks for everyone's advice. Based on the suggested solutions I am OK living with the problems.
Steve